Liner O-ring failure
06-20-2023, (Subject: Liner O-ring failure ) 
RE: Liner O-ring failure
#2 and #4 pistons are showing signs of leaking injector. Make sure, at a minimum, that you put new injectors in those 2 holes.

Also there is a lot of impingement on the pistons as a whole. -= I would blame the bad injection timing on this.. likely from back when it had the bad de-mandate in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-20-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  #2 and #4 pistons are showing signs of leaking injector. Make sure, at a minimum, that you put new injectors in those 2 holes.

Also there is a lot of impingement on the pistons as a whole. -= I would blame the bad injection timing on this.. likely from back when it had the bad de-mandate in it.

What are the signs of leaking injector on the piston? Just trying to learn for myself...
replyreply
(06-20-2023 )Truckdriven Wrote:  ...
What are the signs of leaking injector on the piston? Just trying to learn for myself...

impingement buildup on the crown.
./uploads/202306/post_2_1687288608_85e96302418bf3071e01d6945fde2337.jpg

Tags:
isx fuel impingement pictures, isx leaking injectors

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cybernetictrout
02-27-2024, (Subject: Liner O-ring failure ) 
Thought I should give an update on this engine, I rebuilt the engine myself with all genuine OEM parts, new head, reman rods, counter bores cut and shimmed to .015, and all the other extra steps mentioned, had a massive rail leak and narrowed down to number two injector, replaced injector and only lost couple hundred PSI in a minute, truck has been running great ever since and just did the 50,000 mile break in overhead adjustment, also with careful driving fuel mileage is above average for the type of work I do, thanks for the pointers and advice I was given!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , Rawze
02-27-2024, (Subject: Liner O-ring failure ) 
Awesome glad to hear it !!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.