MX13 and oil bypass
04-24-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
MX13 and oil bypass
I am wondering if anyone has any experience installing a oil bypass filter system on a paccar mx13. I really liked the amsoil filter I ran on my cm870 and have been tossing around the idea of installing one on the mandated MX13 i have now. They come with a factory disposable centrifugal secondary filter but the oil pressure of the paccar is almost identical to what I had in the isx running around 40psi highway and I was under the assumption that’s not enough for the centrifugal filters to filter adequately. Any thoughts?
replyreply
04-25-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
RE: MX13 and oil bypass
It likely has to help more than it can hurt, especially if it lowers your soot levels.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pete379
05-06-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
Yours should have the Factory Centrifuge on it. That should be as good or better then the filter your looking to add. As it takes out all partials in the oil.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pete379
05-08-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
(04-24-2018 )Pete379 Wrote:  I am wondering if anyone has any experience installing a oil bypass filter system on a paccar mx13. I really liked the amsoil filter I ran on my cm870 and have been tossing around the idea of installing one on the mandated MX13 i have now. They come with a factory disposable centrifugal secondary filter but the oil pressure of the paccar is almost identical to what I had in the isx running around 40psi highway and I was under the assumption that’s not enough for the centrifugal filters to filter adequately. Any thoughts?

I was under the impression you needed air pressure for a centrifuge to work. Maybe that's with just one particular type, though.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
05-08-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
(05-08-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  
(04-24-2018 )Pete379 Wrote:  I am wondering if anyone has any experience installing a oil bypass filter system on a paccar mx13. I really liked the amsoil filter I ran on my cm870 and have been tossing around the idea of installing one on the mandated MX13 i have now. They come with a factory disposable centrifugal secondary filter but the oil pressure of the paccar is almost identical to what I had in the isx running around 40psi highway and I was under the assumption that’s not enough for the centrifugal filters to filter adequately. Any thoughts?

I was under the impression you needed air pressure for a centrifuge to work. Maybe that's with just one particular type, though.

I think there are 2 types. One that is oil driven (requires 60+ psi pressure to work well), and one that is air assist I think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-09-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
It has been a couple years since I've had a paccar engine. I'm pretty sure it ran 60 psi oil pressure. You might want to check and make sure yours has proper oil pressure.
replyreply
05-09-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
The oil pressure mimics what I had in my isx it runs 38-40psi at highway speed. I checked the spec and the new ones run lower then previous models. Thats part of the reason I was thinking about throwing on the amsoil system bc I am not sure it makes enough pressure to adequately filter out the contaminants at 40psi max. These things are tricky there doesn’t seem to be much information out there on them heck I haven’t even been able to find a pressurized oil port yet I have to do some more digging. Thank you everyone for the reply’s
replyreply
08-24-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
(05-09-2018 )Pete379 Wrote:  The oil pressure mimics what I had in my isx it runs 38-40psi at highway speed. I checked the spec and the new ones run lower then previous models. Thats part of the reason I was thinking about throwing on the amsoil system bc I am not sure it makes enough pressure to adequately filter out the contaminants at 40psi max. These things are tricky there doesn’t seem to be much information out there on them heck I haven’t even been able to find a pressurized oil port yet I have to do some more digging. Thank you everyone for the reply’s

How’s the paccar?
replyreply
08-25-2018, (Subject: MX13 and oil bypass ) 
(08-24-2018 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 )Pete379 Wrote:  The oil pressure mimics what I had in my isx it runs 38-40psi at highway speed. I checked the spec and the new ones run lower then previous models. Thats part of the reason I was thinking about throwing on the amsoil system bc I am not sure it makes enough pressure to adequately filter out the contaminants at 40psi max. These things are tricky there doesn’t seem to be much information out there on them heck I haven’t even been able to find a pressurized oil port yet I have to do some more digging. Thank you everyone for the reply’s

How’s the paccar?

So far so good. 130k on the motor. Myself and a handful of guys I know are running the 485/1850 mx13 mostly 2017 and 2018 models running close to 80k legal in dump trucks. Most have had very good luck I know one guys dropped a valve at 200k and a few have had issues with water pumps and external accessories. As far as longevity it’s still too early to tell but most of the Owners I have spoken to plan on upgrading equipment before the engines hit 400k.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.