Truck rear turn signal and stop on different wire?
04-26-2018, (Subject: Truck rear turn signal and stop on different wire? ) 
Thumbs Up Truck rear turn signal and stop on different wire?
Hi guys I have a question about the turn signal and stop or brake light, why are they on the same wire to the rear of truck? And more importantly how can I get them separated? The reason being or the short way of explaining is that I would like to get an amber turn light and a red brake light to work independently of each other. I know that on the back of trailer there are wires for each of these functions and I know I could possibly hack into the 7way cord at the end of truck cab for me to run a cable to rear of truck frame for the function I need but still intrigued as to why are both signals run in one wire? Is it just to make it cheaper or does it serve a function that I don’t know? Just for not leaving it out I’m talking about a 2013 Cascadia [/align][/size][/font]
replyreply
RE: Truck rear turn signal and stop on different wire?
for cars, standard turn signal and brake signal colors on rear of vehicle are both red for USA. Turn signal requirement is AMBER for eu and other countries and brake light is red. I think amber rear turn signal lights is allowed for cars here in usa to accommodate foreign model cars, but for trucks? Who knows.

Not sure what the requirement on commercial vehicle is in the USA for allowed rear turn signal light colors, maybe look it up to make sure what you are trying to do is legal. I would also think that side-marker lights on the tractor would have the signal you are looking for.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-26-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  for cars, standard turn signal and brake signal colors on rear of vehicle are both red for USA. Turn signal requirement is AMBER for eu and other countries and brake light is red. I think amber rear turn signal lights is allowed for cars here in usa to accommodate foreign model cars, but for trucks? Who knows.

Not sure what the requirement on commercial vehicle is in the USA for allowed rear turn signal light colors, maybe look it up to make sure what you are trying to do is legal. I would also think that side-marker lights on the tractor would have the signal you are looking for.

Maybe I should have posted it differently but in my head it sounded like I was going to confuse people and they might go after the wrong part of the question, so let me clarify cuz that’s just what has happed. I need to connect the truck turn signal at the back of the frame separate from the brakes I’m installing fenders with 3 lights on them. Now those lights are going to have a blinker sequencer for each turn signal, so if I connect it how it is right now (or any other truck) the blinker will turn on the sequencer but so will the brakes cuz they are on the same wire. In order to stop this I need a 4wire feed to the sequencer, which is brake, turn, corner and ground.
I was trying to find more info but nothing worthwhile so far I have connected the fenders lights to work with only three wires so if I put the blinker they all work as one
replyreply
(04-26-2018 )frameless1 Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  for cars, standard turn signal and brake signal colors on rear of vehicle are both red for USA. Turn signal requirement is AMBER for eu and other countries and brake light is red. I think amber rear turn signal lights is allowed for cars here in usa to accommodate foreign model cars, but for trucks? Who knows.

Maybe I should have posted it differently but in my head it sounded like I was going to confuse people and they might go after the wrong part of the question, so let me clarify cuz that’s just what has happed. I need to connect the truck turn signal at the back of the frame separate from the brakes I’m installing fenders with 3 lights on them. Now those lights are going to have a blinker sequencer for each turn signal, so if I connect it how it is right now (or any other truck) the blinker will turn on the sequencer but so will the brakes cuz they are on the same wire. In order to stop this I need a 4wire feed to the sequencer, which is brake, turn, corner and ground.
I was trying to find more info but nothing worthwhile so far I have connected the fenders lights to work with only three wires so if I put the blinker they all work as one

my side marker lights blink with turn signwl but not brakes. why not tie the blinkers into that wire?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.