2 fault codes cm870
04-26-2018, (Subject: 2 fault codes cm870 ) 
2 fault codes cm870
cm870 with unilever tune 409,000 mi. 22,000 hrs. has an inactive 0595 "turbocharger speed high moderate severe level" The CEL will flash on and back off sometimes when your going through the gears if your loaded, like building speed to get on the freeway from the ramp. Shows 62 instances over the last 2 months. I put 0595 into quickserve and it says "an error occured" Truck has a new genuine cummins turbo installed by me about 3 months ago but the inactive fault was there even before the turbo was replaced.
Also have an inactive 0951 no CEL 1 instance looks like about 3 weeks ago "cylinder power imbalance between cylinders" Could this mean an injector going bad?
replyreply
RE: 2 fault codes cm870
How much boost is it making?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I think 38 is about the highest it gets
replyreply
usually a boost leak can cause it to overspool some to make up for the loss. what altitude is it happening on?

the cylinder power imbalance is fairly common on 870's, i would not read into it too much. many many things can cause that little gem to be a nuisance.

uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
(04-26-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  usually a boost leak can cause it to overspool some to make up for the loss. what altitude is it happening on?

the cylinder power imbalance is fairly common on 870's, i would not read into it too much. many many things can cause that little gem to be a nuisance.

uni

Ohio.....roughly 1,000 ft. Above sea level. Has a new cac oem not aftermarket but like I said it was doing this before the new turbo and cac
replyreply
Try pressure testing your intake system and spraying soapy water on your intake joints/ hoses because 99% of boost leaks are mostly from the joints or undertightened clamps at least with my luck. Exhaust manifold / turbo /egr can cause overspeed too! I've also found out with Unilever that putting big power into a CPL That's not designed for it can do that as well in lower elevations. Mine seems to love doing it at 6000+feet elevation due to exhaust manifold slip joint leaks.
replyreply
04-27-2018, (Subject: 2 fault codes cm870 ) 
Like Unilevers said Definitely dont get excited about cylinder imbalance code i get them every time i start the truck after i have to drain the fuel system or change a filter.

Also when you pressurize the cac system spray around the intake manifold, all over. They were known to be brittle further back on the block. Also take the time to pressurize it to 30 psi. Some leaks wont peak their fuel sucking self out till higher pressure's.
replyreply
04-28-2018, (Subject: 2 fault codes cm870 ) 
(04-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Like Unilevers said Definitely dont get excited about cylinder imbalance code i get them every time i start the truck after i have to drain the fuel system or change a filter.

Also when you pressurize the cac system spray around the intake manifold, all over. They were known to be brittle further back on the block. Also take the time to pressurize it to 30 psi. Some leaks wont peak their fuel sucking self out till higher pressure's.

How do I pressurize the whole system? Quickserve shows a procedure for testing the cac but not all the tubing and intake manifold. Wouldn't you just lose your air pressure through open valves when you pressurize everything?
replyreply
04-28-2018, (Subject: 2 fault codes cm870 ) 
(04-28-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  How do I pressurize the whole system? Quickserve shows a procedure for testing the cac but not all the tubing and intake manifold. Wouldn't you just lose your air pressure through open valves when you pressurize everything?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...21#pid8321

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.