how do i pull my steering wheel off?
04-26-2018, (Subject: how do i pull my steering wheel off? ) 
how do i pull my steering wheel off?
2007 kenworth t800. I replaced the steering shaft from the firewall to the steering box but now my steering wheel is almost upside down. I can't adjust it anywhere on the shaft because it all only goes together one way. I'm thinking I'll have to pull the steering wheel and bolt it back down in the correct position.
replyreply
RE: how do i pull my steering wheel off?
If your steering wheel is like mine, AutoZone or O'riely's sells a steering wheel puller. I think I bought mine at O'Riely's. But, I did have to find the bolts to use that fit the holes in my particular steering wheel. Here is the one I bought... https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/per...lers&pos=1
replyreply
(04-26-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  2007 kenworth t800. I replaced the steering shaft from the firewall to the steering box but now my steering wheel is almost upside down. I can't adjust it anywhere on the shaft because it all only goes together one way. I'm thinking I'll have to pull the steering wheel and bolt it back down in the correct position.

You need to NOT pull off your steering wheel to fix that. You need to go out to the shaft you replaced and correct it properly, otherwise you will cause problems with your clock spring.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iRonin
(04-26-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  2007 kenworth t800. I replaced the steering shaft from the firewall to the steering box but now my steering wheel is almost upside down. I can't adjust it anywhere on the shaft because it all only goes together one way. I'm thinking I'll have to pull the steering wheel and bolt it back down in the correct position.

You need to NOT pull off your steering wheel to fix that. You need to go out to the shaft you replaced and correct it properly, otherwise you will cause problems with your clock spring.

Oh ok, well the only other thing I could do is take a U-joint out and turn the yoke 90 degrees and put it back together. That would probably make it better but not exactly right.
replyreply
(04-26-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Oh ok, well the only other thing I could do is take a U-joint out and turn the yoke 90 degrees and put it back together. That would probably make it better but not exactly right.

I have helped replace plenty of them and they were always keyed correctly. Was it from a stealership? or after-market? -- something there does not add up. Maybe the center slip-joint came apart at some point and it got out of alignment?

It should have matched the old one,.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
It's oem from kenworth. It says right on it that it can only be put together one way. There are arrows on it that must be lined up for the spline part. Then there's a flat spot on the shaft of the steering box and a flat spot on the shaft coming out of the firewall.so that whole thing is not adjustable anywhere.
replyreply
Wrong part ####?
replyreply
(04-26-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Wrong part ####?

Nah, I don't think that's it.
replyreply
04-27-2018, (Subject: how do i pull my steering wheel off? ) 
(04-26-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Wrong part ####?

Nah, I don't think that's it.

did it not match the old one?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.