Truck not starting
04-27-2018, (Subject: Truck not starting ) 
Truck not starting
I have a CM 871 on a prostar, So i decide to change the water separator filter truck was running fine before that,now i installed the new one with new gaskets on the davco fill it half way and truck won't start would it be a bad idea to start it with starting fluid? I change it before and i didn't have any issues would it be a bad pump?
replyreply
RE: Truck not starting
When you put your key to the on position, you'll hear the pump buzzing on the driver side of the engine. Let it prime 3 key cycles before turning it over. I've had issue with davcos making me suck air if they weren't tightened enough. If you don't have the tool and ate hand tightening it, that's the problem....

Try and wiggle the top clear portion of the davco, if it moves then it needs tightening.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RTRUCKING48 , Signature620
(04-27-2018 )Brock Wrote:  When you put your key to the on position, you'll hear the pump buzzing on the driver side of the engine. Let it prime 3 key cycles before turning it over. I've had issue with davcos making me suck air if they weren't tightened enough. If you don't have the tool and ate hand tightening it, that's the problem....

Try and wiggle the top clear portion of the davco, if it moves then it needs tightening.
I dont hear the pump going,and i double check the cap with the tool and its tide top and bottom, dammit truck was running fine till i changed the damn filter Lol let me try it again
replyreply
(04-27-2018 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  I dont hear the pump going...

problem #1. pump should be running, davco leak or not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RTRUCKING48
It's running now but i could heard the pump very weak ill check all of the connector in day time but truck its running now thanks Mr Rawze and Mr Brock i appreciate your help
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.