Turbo Issue?
04-27-2018, (Subject: Turbo Issue? ) 
Turbo Issue?
A couple days ago I was pulling onto a weigh station and when I took my truck off gear my rpm accelerated quickly on its own for a couple of seconds, then went back to normal idle rpm. Just now I was driving near my loading area at around 5mph and my rpm went up quickly on its own for several seconds but I didn't move any faster. Any thoughts on why it's happening?

User's Signature: 2009 T660, CM871, 13spd, 741k, Scrap Hauler
replyreply
RE: Turbo Issue?
Did you actually see your rpm's go up on the tach or did the engine just sound different?
replyreply
Having had the same issues on CM-871, an EGR Tuneup solved the issue. BUT, that was on a CM-871. Which motor do you have, make model of truck, how many miles? We are not Carnak the magician... Need more info. Damn I’m getting an attitude! LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mbatransport , overshot
I saw the rpm go up on the tach. Like someone was pressing down on the accelerator at around 1800 rpm for 2-3 seconds then went back to normal.

replyreply
Slipping clutch?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mbatransport , overshot
Yup, more info needed. Transmission type? Definitely year make and model, engine, mileage??

With out it I'm gonna take a shot in the dark that its the Trunk Monkey I saw on here the other day. Feed him but never after midnight and change his soilings and definitely don't get get him wet... I may be confusing 2 different creatures.
replyreply
(04-27-2018 )mbatransport Wrote:  A couple days ago I was pulling onto a weigh station and when I took my truck off gear my rpm accelerated quickly on its own for a couple of seconds, then went back to normal idle rpm. Just now I was driving near my loading area at around 5mph and my rpm went up quickly on its own for several seconds but I didn't move any faster. Any thoughts on why it's happening?

Make model truck and year? Make model engine? - More info helps a lot there chief.

If you suspect the turbo bleeding oil into the intake, remove an intake boot and see if everything is wet with oil.

If it is revving up on its own and you are not getting oil into the intake, then you have a fueling issue, not a turbo issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mbatransport
Thanks for the insight. I have a 09 KW T660 with a CM871. I will look into the slipping clutch first. I didn't know what it meant, so I looked it up and I think it describes best what is happening with my truck. I had a new clutch installed in December.

I did the egr tuneup last weekend and all pipes were ok. Only sprayed the walls with carbon choke cleaner to remove the soot lining the inside walls of the pipes, but I did replace the imap, delta-p, & exhaust back pressure sensors and the dozer injector.

I will also look into the possible fuel issue as well, since I sometimes get a fuel restriction code.

replyreply
04-28-2018, (Subject: Turbo Issue? ) 
(04-27-2018 )mbatransport Wrote:  Thanks for the insight. I have a 09 KW T660 with a CM871. I will look into the slipping clutch first. I didn't know what it meant, so I looked it up and I think it describes best what is happening with my truck. I had a new clutch installed in December.

I did the egr tuneup last weekend and all pipes were ok. Only sprayed the walls with carbon choke cleaner to remove the soot lining the inside walls of the pipes, but I did replace the imap, delta-p, & exhaust back pressure sensors and the dozer injector.

I will also look into the possible fuel issue as well, since I sometimes get a fuel restriction code.
Since you get a fuel restriction code, it could be the block valve on the return fuel line.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mbatransport

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.