Check out my new problem! :)
04-28-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
Check out my new problem! :)
06 Volvo vnl 670. CM870 with 1.3 mil miles.

Changed the fuel water separator filter today and cleaned up the truck inside. This filter has less then 5k miles on it, I run local/intermodal.

I asked the mechanic if he knew what it could be, he said the previous owner had issues with it. Apparently their might be some oil in the tanks......

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Check out my new problem! :)
Asphaltine or algae more than likely. Does it feel slimy or gritty?
replyreply
it feels slimy but cant actually tell how it feels since its covered by diesel... :/.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
I bet you have algae then...you need to run a few tanks with a algae killer like clear diesel by power service. It has a green label and is sold in most major truck stops.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product/cle...k-cleaner/
replyreply
Maybe O rings on injectors

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply
They also have a biocide that might work better at first.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product/bio...l-biocide/

I had to use it on my first truck as my fuel bacteria problem grew out of control and I didn’t know what damn thing about fuel bacteria at the time. After I treated it I think I went through 30 Davco filters in a month. I should’ve drain the tanks but I didn’t know any better at the time.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
Hmmm..... what could cause it to have algae? Moisture in the tanks.

I'll go buy one today a little later.

replyreply
Yup. Condensation causes it.

Well a little more to it than that. The bacteria feed on the fuel. They are normally introduced from a contaminated fuel supply. Either the fuel isn't sold in enough volume to keep the tanks turned over or they got a batch of bad diesel and passed it on to you. Once you have it about the only solution we have is to treat it with additives.
replyreply
(04-28-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  They also have a biocide that might work better at first.

https://powerservice.com/psp_product/bio...l-biocide/

I had to use it on my first truck as my fuel bacteria problem grew out of control and I didn’t know what damn thing about fuel bacteria at the time. After I treated it I think I went through 30 Davco filters in a month. I should’ve drain the tanks but I didn’t know any better at the time.

Okay so when you drain the tanks what do you clean them with? I'm still thinking of ways to cleaning it properly. I've got a idea to disconnect the fuel lines, drain the tanks, fill them with water, get a cement mixer, hook it up with a drill and do that couple of times. Till it's clean enough. Sound like a good idea to you?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.