Check out my new problem! :)
04-29-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
RE: Check out my new problem! :)
Guys who run with low fuel tanks all the time end up with algea issues a lot too. Every time your windshield fogs up because of sudden temp changes, so does the insides of mostly empty fuel tanks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
04-30-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
(04-29-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(04-28-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  Okay so when you drain the tanks what do you clean them with? I'm still thinking of ways to cleaning it properly. I've got a idea to disconnect the fuel lines, drain the tanks, fill them with water, get a cement mixer, hook it up with a drill and do that couple of times. Till it's clean enough. Sound like a good idea to you?

Why in the world would you introduce water into your fuel system at any time? Water is your enemy!! The algae live in water and feed on fuel. If you get the test back positive for algae then drain the tanks as best you can. I usually take them off or park the truck on a hill close to the aluminum welder and drill a hole in the bottom corner of the tank and get every drop out I can and let it dry if possible to kill as much as I can. Weld the hole back up and then have a pile of filters on hand. Throw a quarter tank of fuel in at 1st and give it a strong treatment of algaecide and run the truck cycling thru filters as necessary till no more algae is present. Testing to confirm.
Your filter looks like asphaltene. Dont get excited unless you're getting very rapid filter plugging.

Drilling holes in fuel tanks not good idea at all. I use https://www.amazon.com/200-Gram-Silica-G...B00PQUXXY4 in each tank tied on fishing line. Will absorb all water visible or dissolved in fuel. Absorbing up to 1/4 gallon.
For algae treatment fill full tanks add shock dose of biocide let it idle for 1 hour to circulate and shut it off for weekend. I have seen ECM cooling plate passages plugged with black sponge alike
crap. It was growing inside the IFSM really bad.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Pigpen 2869 , overshot , hhow55
07-26-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
biocide and diesel kleen work the best for asphalteen took 4 gal of boicide over 3 mounths now i maintain with diesel kleen problem gone
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
07-26-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
After fighting algae for over a year i drained my tanks, filled em with water and calcium hypochlorite, set a day, drained, rinsed, sprayed withphosphoric acid ( which cut the black buildup, im assuming at this point chlorine doesnt kill the crap). Rinsed, sprayed again, rinsed, drained, filled with fuel and power spec biocide. Treated the next 4 tanks with biocide too. MAKE SURE U GET ALL WATER OUT THE TANKS. Puting water in my tanks was my absolute last resort, i simply couldnt afford to buy biocide in 55g drums. Fuel is cleanest ive seen since i bought it, due for another rnd of follow up treatment though.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Waterloo , in2trux

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.