Check out my new problem! :)
04-29-2018, (Subject: Check out my new problem! :) ) 
RE: Check out my new problem! :)
Well, cummins used to make an additive specifically for asphaltine. but, they just quit making it and is no longer available. Cummins in Odessa, Tx says that cummins is recomending Power Service "Diesel Kleen". Which Rawze recomends using once a month for cleaning the fuel system.

Penray does make an additive for asphaltine. Just google penray asphaltine. you can order it from amazon $13.99/qt. it's usually hard to find locally.

I am using an additive sold by Centramatic, you know the onboard wheel balancer manufacturer. http://www.centramatic.com/fuel-additive.rhtml
yes, its expensive. but for my 5.6 mpg truck it only adds $.04 per gal to the cost of fuel.
and i don't have to change my fuel filter every week.
They will ship it to you. and shipping is free if you're an OOIDA member.
I think this additive is the least expensive way to go. it is more concentrated. 2.5 gals treats 4000 gals of fuel.

If it is an actual asphaltine problem and not algae. It will mean a continual use of an additive because your fuel system constantly makes asphaltine.
If your engine oil is black and you are getting oil in your fuel, the fuel in your tank will be black.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check out my new problem! :) - overshot - 04-29-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.