Owners manual
05-01-2018, (Subject: Owners manual ) 
Owners manual
Hi team first time on forum, not sure if this is the correct category. I have a 2012 volvo and a 2011 isx cm2250. Would like to start doing my own greasing on the truck. Having a hard time finding material on how to find all the grease points if anybody could point me in the right direction!!
replyreply
RE: Owners manual
probably won't find any grease zerks on your motor. As for your Volvo chassis, contact a dealer about an owners manual, but you can start by getting under your front end, look at all your steering components, anywhere there is a connection there will be a grease fitting. Don't grease them until the rubber boots explode!! just a few pumps and you should see the boot inflate a little, STOP there!! You'll have a grease fitting on your throw out bearing if you have a manual trans. that one could be tricky to find if you've never greased a truck before. each U-joint will have one, don't grease those to death either. each S-cam tube and slack adjuster will have a fitting. You can definitely overgrease things and cause damage so take it easy.
replyreply
Volvo are basically the same as any other truck. Like tree98 said above...

Steering
suspension
slack adjusters/brakes
throw out bearing on transmission
slider on fifth wheel? through some of that grease on your fifth wheel plate also.

I don’t think there is one manual fits all when it comes down to it. Let us know if you do come across something.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
Good question because Volvo is special animal.
First special things U-joints are not greaseble. Same about drive shaft splins.
Do not use moly grease on slack adjusters. When greasing S-cam put piece of cardboard inside the drum under s-cam to prevent grease on brake.
King pins must be greased top and bottom.
All points from driver front side -
1Front spring pin left and right
2 Drag link front
3 King pin (top and bottom) left and right
4Steering shaft U-joint
5Drag link rear
6Toe rod left and right
7Rear sprig pin left and right
8 Rear spring hanger pin left and right
9Throw bearing
10 Slack adjusters
11 S-cam brackets
12 Fifth wheel
Some information about Volvo you can find here https://volvotrucks.vg-emedia.com/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.