ISX 2250 fuel system fail
05-02-2018, (Subject: ISX 2250 fuel system fail ) 
ISX 2250 fuel system fail
My engine wasn't running good now she is even worst.
Injector performance test can't run due to unstable fuel pressure.
Fuel system leak test fail. Pressure is down in 10seconds.
Pressure safety release valve is dry with pressure 29,000 psi
No fuel in oil detected
Cylinder cut out test is showing all 6 cylinders are equal and engine can run on one cylinder.
If connection between injector and fuel connector is not tight where fuel will leak? Inside the engine or in drain tube?
Could faulty fuel pump head leak pressure from the rail?
Any help please.
replyreply
RE: ISX 2250 fuel system fail
Have you recently changed fuel filters? maybe sucking in air somewhere like bad o ring? If any air is being sucked in it will not have the correct pressure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(05-02-2018 )Zusky407 Wrote:  Have you recently changed fuel filters? maybe sucking in air somewhere like bad o ring? If any air is being sucked in it will not have the correct pressure.
Yes it was. Will look tomorrow.
replyreply
05-03-2018, (Subject: ISX 2250 fuel system fail ) 
Retorque all the high pressure lines, if that fails get a high pressure fuel line isolator from Cummins and, following the instructions to release pressure in the system, test each line to identify the leaking injector. I had the same problem with my 2350.
replyreply
05-03-2018, (Subject: ISX 2250 fuel system fail ) 
(05-03-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  Retorque all the high pressure lines, if that fails get a high pressure fuel line isolator from Cummins and, following the instructions to release pressure in the system, test each line to identify the leaking injector. I had the same problem with my 2350.

Did you measure drain flow from injectors or did pressure leak test? Is it safe to run engine with one injector off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tbrink54
05-04-2018, (Subject: ISX 2250 fuel system fail ) 
Nope I did the bare minimum, as for running minus one injector, that's what the cutout test does! The isolator goes on the rail, what I did was then to pressure test the system and then watch for drop like you did before, then work your way down the line and hope it's only one leaky injector.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.