Oil in exhaust
05-02-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
Oil in exhaust
So this morning the truck worked as usual and I started to leave to drop a TRL, got some fuel and some additive to clean up the funk in the tanks. I started to leave the T.S and I noticed the truck was acting up a lil different, I figured to much additive.

After couple of minutes of driving like this, the smoke coming from the exhaust was crazy black. So I stopped at this second T.S popped the hood and started to look around the engine and noticed all of this..... f$%k.

I'm thinking it's the exhaust manifold gasket.

06 CM870 isx 15.

I checked the oil lvl earlier and there is none in it from what the dip stick is telling me.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: This shi#t just happened
So while I'm sitting here waiting to get towed back home. The turbo actuator was a issue when I had the truck in the shop for a diagnostics on the start up issue.

Now I'm thinking the turbo went out because the turbo actuator was old as ball's. Won't know for sure till I get home and start taking shi#t apart. I'm hoping the blades didn't rip apart and into the engine ;(.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Was it blowing oil out of the stack? The one picture looks like oil near an exhaust pipe ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-02-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Was it blowing oil out of the stack? The one picture looks like oil near an exhaust pipe ?

Yeah I didn't think about the stack till I read ur reply. So I attached a picture of it. I was to mad n kicking rocks up n down the T.S.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Is it me or does this guy use waay to much 4-letter words when describing things. -- I don;t mind a bit of it on occasion, but that is is kinda annoying.

check the back side of the turbo to see if it is bleeding oil.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , hhow55
RE: Oil in exhaust
You will have to check if the oil is coming from the turbo or not, you can obviously see it's dripping from the flange after the turbo so now you need to take the turbo off and see if there is oil inside your exhaust manifold to determine if you've got engine problems or just turbo problems.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
(05-02-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it me or does this guy use waay to much 4-letter words when describing things. -- I don;t mind a bit of it on occasion, but that is is kinda annoying.

check the back side of the turbo to see if it is bleeding oil.

Ahaha :P, you arent the first person to say that about my writing. I've tried for years to beat it out of me but to no avail...

Just got the truck towed back home, i was at the truck stop the entire day trying to figure what the best move would be to go with. so i ended up deciding to get towed back home for 700$. At least i'm home to work on the truck. So im on quickserve, its saying i need insite to calibrate the turbo to properly to a instal, if that is the case, i cant slap it on and call it a day?

the back side of the turbo is bleeding oil.... :/.

replyreply
(05-02-2018 )Brock Wrote:  You will have to check if the oil is coming from the turbo or not, you can obviously see it's dripping from the flange after the turbo so now you need to take the turbo off and see if there is oil inside your exhaust manifold to determine if you've got engine problems or just turbo problems.

so i'm trying prepare for the worst case scenario, if the turbo has oil in it like an atlantic BP spill.

Then i proceed with getting to the manifold, what should i expect to see? Good and bad?

What is something common that makes the oil gush out the way its done to me?

Thanks brock!

replyreply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUpKb5umv_0

im watching the video right now, ive seen it maybe 3 or 4 times before i even got the truck. im watching it again, pretty much what the guy said in the beginning happened 2 days ago. i heard a screeching yesterday all day, when i was pulling this load from butt f$%k nowhere in MO.... the screeching was more active today then yesterday, i figured it was a belt or even pulley. now i know it was the turbo.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.