Oil in exhaust
05-22-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
No, just damned. Get a new head. Sell your couch and tv if you have to. Like Smokey the Bear says, don’t play with fire. Welcome to ownership.
replyreply
05-22-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
And make sure they cut the block for the liners. Don’t piss your money away. Like I did.
replyreply
05-23-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
(05-22-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  so today after i picked up the head from the shop, they told me that i had 3 injector cups go bad and that are leaking... great. okay, so the shop has a isx head thats remanded at the shop for 3.5k, sound reasonable? or my other option is the send the head back so they can send it somewhere else to replace all of the injector cups for $900.

also to note, the shop charges 1.5k to clean and rebuild the head, if i have to. the head was rebuilt in the last over haul, so i'm not sure if the head needs to be rebuilt all over again.
You have to try yourself as treasure hunter. They are so stubborn to dig or dive or climb no matter what the expenses and outcome will be. Disregard thousands people experience who did it before you and fail.
sorry if it offensive.
replyreply
tuesday is when the parts are coming in, getting 6 brand new injectors. sending the head out to fix the injector cups and hopefully ill be able to get back to work next monday.

this is by no means what the standard is on this forum, tho if i had the financial means to do it right it would be a different story. ill let you guys know next week how its going.

take care guys!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(05-23-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  tuesday is when the parts are coming in, getting 6 brand new injectors. sending the head out to fix the injector cups and hopefully ill be able to get back to work next monday.

this is by no means what the standard is on this forum, tho if i had the financial means to do it right it would be a different story. ill let you guys know next week how its going.

take care guys!

You can only do what you can do, I've been there my friend. Just keep pushing ahead, hopefully it works out in the end. I'm pulling for you.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
What did you decide on for a repair on the bottom end?
replyreply
06-12-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
(05-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  A screeching turbo sound can also simply be a turbo mounting gasket too. have seen that a lot more often that the turbine giving way. If you suspect the turbine, then you will see metal shavings and a chewed up turbine.
Finished an egr tuneup. Put everything back together and went for a drive. Terrible screech when exhaust pressure got above 60in hg. Louder on driver side than area around the turbo. Gasket between egr valve and pipe had shifted during assembly. Glad I searched the archives before tearing things apart. Thanks!

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(05-23-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  What did you decide on for a repair on the bottom end?

i decided on what i can do and can afford, changed one of the liners. last week i got all the injector cups changed out of the head, got new rings for the pistons, 6 new injectors, going to fix the leaking dampners on the IFSM, got new gaskets and some other things i cant remember right now. tomorrow im going back to the shop to do as much work as possible so i can get the head back on.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Thanks for the update. Let us know how it works out for you. Good or bad. We're all hoping the best for you. That's a tight spot to be in.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.