Oil in exhaust
05-03-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
RE: Oil in exhaust
Odds are you need a new turbo, like I said, you have to take the turbo off. Leave the actuator alone and leave it on the turbo. Remove both as a unit and inspect the manifold for oil.

You may have residual spray from the turbo shooting back so try and determine if it's actually coming from the manifold or not. I plug my oil supply and return to the turbo and run my engine to see if it will start pushing oil from the manifold with the turbo off if I can't tell.

If there oil coming from the manifold, valve guides or bad rings.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Evotrucker
05-04-2018, (Subject: Oil in exhaust ) 
Wear ear and eye protection if you run the truck without the turbo or manfold on. It will be quite loud and who knows what may come flying out of the exhaust ports.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker , Waterloo
My only thing is draining the coolant, should i drain all of it or a little more then half of it? if i drain half of it, i dont need to get that pressure kit for the coolant correct?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(05-04-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  My only thing is draining the coolant, should i drain all of it or a little more then half of it? if i drain half of it, i dont need to get that pressure kit for the coolant correct?

I’m confused? why would you need to drain the coolant? I think you need to just get the turbo off....

EDIT: I just realized your turbo has an actuator so never mind.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
{**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected trolling.}

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(05-04-2018 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  
(05-04-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  My only thing is draining the coolant, should i drain all of it or a little more then half of it? if i drain half of it, i dont need to get that pressure kit for the coolant correct?

I’m confused? why would you need to drain the coolant? I think you need to just get the turbo off....

EDIT: I just realized your turbo has an actuator so never mind.

It's cool dude

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Progress report, so what do you guys recommend I do about the manifold? The bolts look rusted and worn.... I don't want to snap them off by accident? Will wd40 help out?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
I just finished reinstalling my exhaust manifold. You will want to order new bolts (and probably spacers too). There is only 45 ft. Lbs. on them. I got 11 of 12 right off, but snapped the other one. It was a pain to drill out, so you definitely want to avoid that. If you spray wd40 or pb blaster between the head and manifold , some might get to the threads. The bolts are brittle so you have to be careful. Rawze did a video where he demonstrated tightening and loosening in small increments to get them started. 11 of mine were easy, so if you baby them, you'll probably find that they come right out. Just don't get overconfident and snap one like I did. I'll leave the diagnosis to others, but it looks like the pic shows oil coming out of the manifold. Probably valve guide seals, head gasket, or worse. Sorry to see that. You'll be able to see exhaust valve with manifold off, and maybe find your problem. Best of luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(05-04-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  I just finished reinstalling my exhaust manifold. You will want to order new bolts (and probably spacers too). There is only 45 ft. Lbs. on them. I got 11 of 12 right off, but snapped the other one. It was a pain to drill out, so you definitely want to avoid that. If you spray wd40 or pb blaster between the head and manifold , some might get to the threads. The bolts are brittle so you have to be careful. Rawze did a video where he demonstrated tightening and loosening in small increments to get them started. 11 of mine were easy, so if you baby them, you'll probably find that they come right out. Just don't get overconfident and snap one like I did. I'll leave the diagnosis to others, but it looks like the pic shows oil coming out of the manifold. Probably valve guide seals, head gasket, or worse. Sorry to see that. You'll be able to see exhaust valve with manifold off, and maybe find your problem. Best of luck.

I sprayed them with a lot wd40, I let them sit for 15 minutes and went to it. I was ubber careful with them, I didn't try to hard. Couple of them came off to easy.... maybe 3 were difficult but didn't beat them to get them off.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.