QSB 4.5 NOT START
04-10-2016, (Subject: QSB 4.5 NOT START ) 
QSB 4.5 NOT START
Hello

I have problem with QSB4.5 after we replace one injector , the engine not start just cranking .

we check the engine by Insite there is no fault.

we do all these below:

1- replace ECM
2- replace fuel pump
3- replace both speed sensor

engine still not start after we do all above ,

we have power on ECM.

I NEED YOUR ADVICE TO FIX THAT
replyreply
RE: QSB 4.5 NOT START
http://cumminsfirepower.com/documents/CF...807%29.pdf

Air in system? Fuel pressure?
replyreply
YES , BUT WE FIX THAT REPLACE THE HOSES

THANK YOU

(04-10-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  http://cumminsfirepower.com/documents/CF...807%29.pdf

Air in system? Fuel pressure?
replyreply
I learned a very important lesson many years ago from a very successful oilfield consultant/troubleshooter. He taught me the K.I.S.S. principal. Keep It Simple Stupid.

If it worked before, and it does not work now, what did you change or affect?

All a diesel needs is fuel to start, no spark, so half the problem is eliminated.

I would start with making sure air was not in the fuel system, a crack of the return lines as you crank would verify you had fuel and its in the "system".

Did you knock a sensor or wire loose in the process of repair?
replyreply
04-23-2016, (Subject: QSB 4.5 NOT START ) 
Found many times working on grape harvesters that when these 4.5's are placed under any load on start-up e.g. hydraulic pumps not displacing, the engine will over fuel and blow excessive white smoke on cranking but not start! Sounds rough but spray SOME solvent into air intake on crank and will start ok........afterwards starts and stops ok! I've changed speed/position sensors, fuel pumps, ecm's, starter motors, injectors, lift pumps etc. but nothing works! Not sure why they respond so poorly to load on startup.
replyreply
05-02-2018, (Subject: QSB 4.5 NOT START ) 
(04-23-2016 )chrismds Wrote:  Found many times working on grape harvesters that when these 4.5's are placed under any load on start-up e.g. hydraulic pumps not displacing, the engine will over fuel and blow excessive white smoke on cranking but not start! Sounds rough but spray SOME solvent into air intake on crank and will start ok........afterwards starts and stops ok! I've changed speed/position sensors, fuel pumps, ecm's, starter motors, injectors, lift pumps etc. but nothing works! Not sure why they respond so poorly to load on startup.

Sound like that is potentially hard on the starter too. Maybe try to avoid having engine load while cranking?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.