Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak
05-04-2018, (Subject: Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak ) 
Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak
Ive got a 2013 KW with isx and started getting a running leak that i thought was coming from the plastic reservoir tank. So I changed the tank and filled it up. Then i started it up and watched the coolant slowly make its way to the overflow side of the tank and drip coolant. I also noticed my water pump is dripping.
Took it out and ran it for a short load (about 200 miles) and had to add about 1.5 gallons of AF. There is dried coolant on front of the engine and a little on the sides.
There is no overheating, no white exhaust, oil looks good, and tank is not getting oily inside.
I hooked a small hose to the overflow cap on the tank and dipped it in water to check for head gasket leak but couldnt get any bubbles. I also figured if it was the air compressor putting air into the systen that this test should show that as well?
I know for sure the Water pump is dripping but could that be what is making such a mess? Why would it be causing AF to come from the pressure relief cap?
Any ideas?

(Edit to add that truck was de-mandated a few years ago)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Coolant coming out reservoir and WP leak - Skman - 05-04-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.