Cam Bearings, Rebuilders Please Advise!!!
05-05-2018, (Subject: Cam Bearings, Rebuilders Please Advise!!! ) 
RE: Cam Bearings, Rebuilders Please Advise!!!
I wouldn't run it like that. When I replaced my cam bearings after my cam went flat, I drove in a new set to get me along long enough to get to inframe time. I also took note of the misalignment from my Cummins head, which was definitely better than that.

I have seen alot of shops just knock em in...not taking the time to verify alignment with both the oil passage and to ensure it's centered over the oil hole. Alot of times, they use cheaper bearings too. You can bet when I did that they were properly indexed and driven to the correct depth.

If shops would verify alignment and if needed open the hole somewhat before driving them in, you wouldn't have a head that will likely be problematic. If they skimped on something that simple, what else did they skimped on that was even more critical? Did they ream the guides to the correct size? Ensure the proper open/closed heights? Do they x-ray a random head to verify casting integrity? Probably not.

I wouldn't have any confidence in it. I'd go get a new oem head.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pramantha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam Bearings, Rebuilders Please Advise!!! - dhirocz - 05-05-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.