Drivetrain noise
12-22-2018, (Subject: Drivetrain noise ) 
RE: Drivetrain noise
Ride height could cause slight vibration and noise if its as little a 1/8” off. My height was waaaay off because I put half fenders on and didn’t want to damage them with the trailer rubbing on them over uneven ground. After I realized my ride height was too high I took the fenders off and lowered my height where it should be.
replyreply
Sounds to me like a brake shoe dust cover is the culprit . Often they crack and wobble and hit the drum at certain speeds . You actually need to touch and grab each one upper and lower to make sure they are secure .
replyreply
what alborz saying, the problem is new tires.
Park truck on even place and make sure air is full and ride height stabilized after trailer drop.
Put two rulers across frame on the top of drive tires. Note the distance between ruler and frame rail on the front and rear. Is it equal? If not, I'm sure it's not, the drive line angles are screwed.
For example Volvo manual says to set ride height then measure and calculate drive line and differentias angles and make final adjustment by lowering or rising frame.
./uploads/201812/post_1794_1545534299_07e25ef46d697b4427ca382742621f2a.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-15-2019, (Subject: Drivetrain noise ) 
have you recently done an alignment and took off your leaf springs??
replyreply
01-16-2019, (Subject: Drivetrain noise ) 
When I first started trucking many years ago .... had an issue and I asked this old guy, he owned a truck salvage yard and he was pretty smart, his advice was "keep running it, it will let you know where the problem is" basically he said it needed a little more time, or wear? What I would always do is make sure it wasn't a safety issue (wheels falling off) or something that was gunna get expensive fast? but keep listening and let it manifest or be a ghost symptom?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.