Drivetrain noise
05-05-2018, (Subject: Drivetrain noise ) 
RE: Drivetrain noise
Thanks for the replies. I also forgot to mention I replaced the torque rods and got an alignment 3 weeks ago. I just bought the truck from my boss in January. He had put 4 drive tires on the back axle when I bought it. I just replaced the other 4. I ran the 4 he put on for 30,000 miles with no noises. I put the other 4 on last Friday and then I Monday I noticed the sound. I can’t really hear the sound at 60 mph. I don’t know if it’s not there or if I just can’t hear it over wind and road noise. I can hear it from taking off up to at least 40. I’m going to check the u joints again and check the transmission and rear ends for any metal. I’ll grease everything up again.

I also forgot to mention. The clutch release bearing was getting noisy awhile back. I finally found the remote lube line had a hole in it where it went through the inspection cover. I fixed it and have been greasing it regularly and it seems to be fine.

I’ll double check the ride height. It does sound like a drivetrain alignment issue. It not doing it all the time has me confused. It doesn’t seem to do it when the truck isn’t warmed up first thing in the morning.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Drivetrain noise - aaronb - 05-04-2018,
RE: Drivetrain noise - hhow55 - 05-04-2018,
RE: Drivetrain noise - aaronb - 05-04-2018,
RE: Drivetrain noise - alborz - 05-05-2018,
RE: Drivetrain noise - aaronb - 05-05-2018
RE: Drivetrain noise - akwman - 12-22-2018,
RE: Drivetrain noise - alborz - 01-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.