Fuel Shut Off Solenoid Problem?
08-12-2016, (Subject: Fuel Shut Off Solenoid Problem? ) 
Fuel Shut Off Solenoid Problem?
My Truck shutdown on the Ohio TPK yesterday. Road service diagnosed it to be the fuel shutoff solenoid. They went after parts and replaced it. The Truck runs now....But now when i turn the key off it will keep running for about 10 seconds before it shuts off and i have a check engine warning light....I think he didnt put all of the pieces back in correctly or may of left some out, could that be my problem? The Road service guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
replyreply
RE: Fuel Shut Off Solenoid Problem?
(08-12-2016 )cheeseman6697 Wrote:  My Truck shutdown on the Ohio TPK yesterday. Road service diagnosed it to be the fuel shutoff solenoid. They went after parts and replaced it. The Truck runs now....But now when i turn the key off it will keep running for about 10 seconds before it shuts off and i have a check engine warning light....I think he didnt put all of the pieces back in correctly or may of left some out, could that be my problem? The Road service guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

its not put back together properly. the engine will quit if you key it off with our without the solenoid working. if the solenoid isnt working it kills power to the actuators will will kill the injectors and the engine, it just takes a few seconds.
replyreply
Go quick serve.cummins.com, and enter your ESN
You can search your fuel solenoid, and see how to assemble it correctly.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
05-06-2018, (Subject: Fuel Shut Off Solenoid Problem? ) 
When the guy put it back together alongside of the road he dropped the spring washer that goes on the backside of it. Problem solved.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.