coolant buzzer on 2010 pete 387
05-06-2018, (Subject: coolant buzzer on 2010 pete 387 ) 
coolant buzzer on 2010 pete 387
Finally got it fixed! Almost for a year I had low coolant buzzer on,
I got a metal coolant tank, flashed it with soap and water, tried to find any floating ring but there wasn't any. My local dealer second that this model carry just a sensor. Bought a new sensor, nothing changed. Later I changed the 2 pin weather pack that goes into coolant level sensor may be bad inside. Then changed the 5 pin weather pack that goes into coolant level module (if you have time and want to save some money you can built your own weather packs, I bought mine form delcity.net -- 2-way Metripack 280 and 5-way Metripack 280, just make sure you order everything you need cause they are not assembled, so you'll need female housing, male housing, female and male terminals 18-16 GA or 22-20 GA, and 20-18 GA Cavity Seals Delphi 15324982).
Then changed the coolant level module nothing helped. Finally I thought to check the resistance on both sensors, the readings are different on the old type (brass body) and upgraded one that dealership would sell you (plastic body). The difference in readings brought me the idea that changes need to be done in truck's software, as I'm not too smart in that domain I almost lost my hope for a fast fix when I was playing with a knife I scratched the brass body, not the threads BUT THE PART THAT YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURE, and checked the resistance between ground pin and that part, it showed no resistance anymore! Hooked the sensor back to it's place and Buzzer went off!!!
The only reason I haven't did this first is because the depositions on the brass body wasn't green, or black, or rusty, they was the same yellowish color just a little darker. Hope it will help you guys and save you some time and $! Have a good one!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , a113n , Chamberpains , rrod , stevesparts , TBEV

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.