aftermarket sensors
05-06-2018, (Subject: aftermarket sensors ) 
aftermarket sensors
Anyone use aftermarket sensors like from amazon or ebay? I see such a price difference , or is this a pay for what you get kinda thing.Or are they good ? Just curious am going to buy parts to do an egr tune up. Thanks
replyreply
RE: aftermarket sensors
OEM sensors only. Don’t waste your money or potentially sacrifice your motor for a few pennies.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chinto , barf
(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  OEM sensors only. Don’t waste your money or potentially sacrifice your motor for a few pennies.

Thanks for the reply Waterloo .. that was my gut instinct . Thats what it shall be then.
replyreply
05-07-2018, (Subject: aftermarket sensors ) 
(05-06-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  OEM sensors only. Don’t waste your money or potentially sacrifice your motor for a few pennies.
OEM doesn't mean the part is good anymore in my experience.
I came to Cummins to buy NoX inlet sensor awhile ago. Salesmen was searching something in his computer almost one hour then gave me NoX outlet sensor. I asked him why my old sensor wires wrapped in heat shield and this one is not. He replied it's a new style sensor. I was so naive to trust official Cummins salesman. Sensor looks absolutely the same except electrical plug has small difference. Lost my weekend to turn the sensor back and got what I need.
Another case. Volvo tie rod ends from Volvo dealership $ 180 each in plastic bag and paperwork in Chinese language. No any word in English or any other language. They were last 3 months.
The swamp is everywhere.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Waterloo , Bruce_Sloane
(05-07-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
I came to Cummins to buy NoX inlet sensor awhile ago. Salesmen was searching something in his computer almost one hour then gave me NoX outlet sensor. I asked him why my old sensor wires wrapped in heat shield and this one is not. He replied it's a new style sensor. I was so naive to trust official Cummins salesman. Sensor looks absolutely the same except electrical plug has small difference. Lost my weekend to turn the sensor back and got what I need.
Another case. Volvo tie rod ends from Volvo dealership $ 180 each in plastic bag and paperwork in Chinese language. No any word in English or any other language. They were last 3 months.
The swamp is everywhere.

The moral here is to exercise common sense and do your due diligence research wise when sourcing parts.

The whole purpose behind replacing sensors is to give that computer more accurate information so that it can manipulate the mechanical systems it manages properly... assuming it wasn't programmed by an idiot.

Choosing to buy knock-off Chinese sensors, which could give out of range readings or fail in any number of unpredictable ways, is not worth the relatively small amount of money 'saved' vs going with (real) OEM parts IMO.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(05-07-2018 )BobsYourUncle Wrote:  
The swamp is everywhere.

The moral here is to exercise common sense and do your due diligence research wise when sourcing parts.

The whole purpose behind replacing sensors is to give the computer accurate readings so that it can do its work of managing those systems properly.

Choosing to buy knock-off Chinese sensors, which could give out of range readings or fail in any number of unpredictable ways, is not worth the relatively small amount of money 'saved' vs going with OEM parts IMO.
And never trust parts desk monkey. They will sell you what they have in stock without clue the same sensor with different manufacturer number could have different characteristic curve and ECM calibration need to be updated. If manufacturer name and part number from the old sensor doesn't match to one they try to sell I wouldn't buy it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Waterloo
Or simply ask them to verify the manufacturer. It is there job to sell you parts that you want. If they can't, tell them they suck at there job and should find a new career.
replyreply
All good info . thanks
replyreply
The swamp is everywhere.

When I go to dealer, I always ask for OEM only version of a part. Many dealers will sell you Chinese knock-off crap if you let them and don't ask.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , BobsYourUncle , t700 , rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.