Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg
05-11-2018, (Subject: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg ) 
RE: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg
(05-11-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i have a 13 speed would it do any harm running it in 12 to keep my rmp up more or should i keep it in 13 rolling down the road..i dont mind slowing down in i try m keep my boost around 20 going up hill in i dont use the cruse at all never did likethe cruseim all about making the most mone i can in will try what i can to reach that goal..

some related info...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid13433

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thank ill have to give it a try tomorrow and really see what my rpm r set at ..
replyreply
I was on a dedicated with one customer. The company im lease to has about 20 truck to run for this customer. The first year I ran for this this customer I did more miles than any other. My truck never got about 60 and that would be going down hill. I was laugh at all year because I drive so sssllloowwww. At the end of the year my avg mpg was 8.97, second year 9.1. I showed the other drivers just what the difference in fuel cost was. The guy who made the most fun of me now refuses to drive faster than 60.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bossboy2
Another thing to keep yourself from getting discouraged is to do the math. On a 500 mile day at $3 a gallon the difference between 6.5mpg and 6.6 mpg is 1.1 gallons.
Not much. But take that out a
5 day week.
5.5gal= $16.50
4 weeks
gal= $66
50 weeks or 1 year minus a 2 week vacation
350gal= $820
for just saving .1mpg

Now do the math for 6.5 up to 7mpg
5.5gal= $16.50 a day that just bought lunch everyday. And all you have to do is let the terrain and gravity work for you, when on a hill that you have to pull, drop the gear to get the rpm's up and keep your foot out of it.

When loaded and confronted with a hill in my cm870 with a 10 speed 3.55 rears. At 1350rpm and 60 mph I immediately drop 1 gear to 9th that takes me to 1675-1725 rpms and 56-57mph. Now I have to get into the peddle to about 70tps (throttle position sensor) that brings my boost somewhere near 20 psi but that keeps me from sluffing off to much speed. Then i immediately start easing off the pedal to get the boost as low as possible till i hit 1250-1300 rpm's again then its grab 8th and repeat then 7th and so on till im over the hill. Once i get to the crest and theres a down hill its out of gear to get free speed or very light throttle if the down hill isnt that great and if there's no down hill then im back in the throttle but very gently and never going above 20 psi boost to get back up to highway speed.
I guarantee I can drive my truck up any mountain in America and never use more than 70% of my pedal and I have it set at 450 hp. I also think i would use a lot less TPS if i had something newer. The CM870 with the air actuator doesn't have the throttle response like the newer ones.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bossboy2
05-24-2018, (Subject: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg ) 
(05-10-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i have to ask do yall really drive that slow what is the posted speed limit..if it really work ill slow down i run 65 now in get close to 7mph

lonestar16, keep in mind this is round trip mileage. Half of my trips are empty miles do to the nature of the business. I load to 79900, make the deliveries, and return empty to reload. My loaded mpg on this particular tour however, was 8.4. This is just my personal best for this particular tour.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
I am loaded 70000 to 80000 gross and empty on the way back. I average close to 7 mpg but I am in some nasty hills most of time here in western Wisconsin eastern Minnesota. I used to get lower than that but changed driving habits and I also keep the rpms up when loaded. In 12 gear I am at 1600 at 63 which is just perfect for my situation. I keep her in the top hole when empty.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Up here with the big weights and cold weather . I always hear guys saying my truck is pulling like crap . Thier truck is pulling fine , they have a hard head wind, soft roads , ect . They think they should always criuse down the road with out breaking a sweat . Haha at 140, 000 lbs .
Heck at time I think I should be pulling better , but I have learnt to trust my truck , it does not lie . If she's not at 60 mph , big woop I'll get there , when I get there . If not I am o.k with that

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-27-2018, (Subject: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg ) 
i no im no were close to yall guys on here but last wk i ran and average of 7.1 to the pump
replyreply
05-27-2018, (Subject: Updated Fuel Mileage Record-9.1 mpg ) 
(05-27-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i no im no were close to yall guys on here but last wk i ran and average of 7.1 to the pump

Any time you improve your fuel mileage, it is a win in my book.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.