Prostar AC compressor
05-09-2018, (Subject: Prostar AC compressor ) 
RE: Prostar AC compressor
If there is any crap in the system from a failed compressor, best to replace the expansion blocks. A spec of dust will take them out.
replyreply
It has been my experience with AC if compressor fails internally you must flush entire system or you will have nothing but problems. I use paint gun wash, it is cheap and works very well. Have done this on a few units. Add extra oil when recharging to replace what is flushed from condenser and evaporator. Also replace dryer and expansion valve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bruce_Sloane
With the clutch not engaging could this be just the sensors not sending a signal? Or with the pulley and clutch getting so hot that it is compressor? If it is the compressor time to did out receipts. And go back to Rush.
How I flush the system to make sure there isn't anything in it tgat shouldnt be?
replyreply
(05-09-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  With the clutch not engaging could this be just the sensors not sending a signal? Or with the pulley and clutch getting so hot that it is compressor? If it is the compressor time to did out receipts. And go back to Rush.
How I flush the system to make sure there isn't anything in it tgat shouldnt be?
Disconnect clutch plug and check is it make any difference. Could be seized compressor and slipping clutch.
replyreply
05-10-2018, (Subject: Prostar AC compressor ) 
Does your system still have Freon in it, if clutch got hot enough may have damaged seal and lost Freon. Unplug compressor and supply 12volts to it and see if clutch will engage then try and turn it to see if compressor is seized. To flush system I have a container that holds about a quart. purchased it at an ac parts supply store. Undo all lines from everything. Fill container about 3/4 full and fill with air to recommended pressure. It has a short hose on with a rubber blow nozzle. Hold the nozzle on the lines from condenser and evaporator and push the gun wash through all the components. I usually put 2 containers each way. Then blow out all components with air to get any remaining flush from system. The gun wash evaporates quickly. Then install new parts and evacuate and recharge system. Also flush hoses.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains
Thanks i will try that. Im now back in Atl, I unplug the compressor this morning. The clutch is hot ( water evaporates right off it)
replyreply
Hey Mike, do you know the part number you used for the compressor?
replyreply
Does the high pressure sensor come out like the thermomisters?
replyreply
I don’t recall the part number for compressor. That switch/sensor I believe just screws out, you don’t have to bleed the system if memory serves me right
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.