Prostar AC compressor
05-11-2018, (Subject: Prostar AC compressor ) 
RE: Prostar AC compressor
Im just tighting the bolrs diwn
replyreply
All done beer time
replyreply
(05-11-2018 )aeIAzdLZ Wrote:  Do you need alignment for compressor pulley before you tighnet bolt on compressor ?
I just got new compressor and wondering if I have to do it or just tighten bolts and that it

Not a bad idea to make sure it is not twisted inside the bolts before locking it down.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-14-2018, (Subject: Prostar AC compressor ) 
For some reason clutch won’t engage
And cooling fan stay always on
replyreply
I may need to tell story from beginning. Compressor was locked, I cut the belt and made home without ac. Then I replaced expansion valve, receiver/dryer and compressor
I check lines and looks like there was no contamination, all was clean.
After charge it up clutch won’t engage and cooling fan stay always on.
I sawed Rawze video and checked 2 sensors located near expansion valve they give me good readings. Just don’t know how to check other one located oh high pressure side near radiator. Any advice ?
replyreply
How did you check the thermistors? Mine were telling the a/c computer the lines were 249 degrees this disabling the compressor. Only true way to check them is with international diamond logic. The fan hub might just be stuck on. Mine would stick and need to be smacked with a hammer if it set for several days.
replyreply
I use volt meter, they showing 2800ohm ( I’m assuming it’s good readings) just disconected this two sensors then ac high pressure sensor and ac compressor
connected it back together, then remove f1b and f4l fuses put it back and miracle ac is working now but fan is still on
Will try hammer it may help
replyreply
My fan was constantly running, I change the high pressure sensor now it dosn't. I also can see a change in my temps. My egt tmp would stay at 400, it is closer to 500. My water temp wouldnt get above 170, now it runs sbout 185.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: aeIAzdLZ

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.