Waterpump
05-10-2018, (Subject: Waterpump ) 
Waterpump
I believe my water pump just went out. I just hot my AC parts, and getting ready to leave Rush here in Atlanta. Belt broke, and pulley froze up. Is there anything special about replacing it. Is it pretty much like an automobile?
replyreply
RE: Waterpump
This sucks, but it is not as bad as Waterloo. YET
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Quickserve has it in parts and service manual section. It has a housing and "guts" seperately.
Assuming it's an 871, you'll just remove the alternator and a/c compressor (shouldn't have to open up the system) to get to the bracket that holds them. I can't remember if the fan hub is on top of the bracket or not. Then the pump is easy to access.
Oh, and I just saw your a/c thread. Have you replaced your crankshaft damper and or belt tensioners? That could cause wear on your accessory components. Just a thought.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , 74bassman
Been a year since I did mine but I think Pearce is bang on! Alternator, move the ac compressor and take off that big alternator bracket, I believe your taking off the fan buyin can't remember if the hub need a to come off.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
05-11-2018, (Subject: Waterpump ) 
Yes the damper is less than 6 months old, all new dampners 1 year ago.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.