Injector leak test
04-09-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
Injector leak test
Hi guys! Did injector leak test and clearly when turning the key it blows bubbles, but when I bar the engine I can sit there & go around all day and nothing! Any ideas? Watched Rawze's video over & over to see if I'm doing something wrong but can't see it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions
replyreply
RE: Injector leak test
(04-09-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Hi guys! Did injector leak test and clearly when turning the key it blows bubbles, but when I bar the engine I can sit there & go around all day and nothing! Any ideas? Watched Rawze's video over & over to see if I'm doing something wrong but can't see it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions

Maybe a smaller size hose..
replyreply
(04-09-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Hi guys! Did injector leak test and clearly when turning the key it blows bubbles, but when I bar the engine I can sit there & go around all day and nothing! Any ideas? Watched Rawze's video over & over to see if I'm doing something wrong but can't see it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions

Rawze put a WD40 spray tube in the main tube to make the bubbles more visible. You will prolly notice that in the video. I made my adapter with a smaller hose for this reason. This is what I got. I had to look real close when I bared the engine over to see which injector was bad. Here is my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUNWuwN-hk
replyreply
(04-09-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  

Rawze put a WD40 spray tube in the main tube to make the bubbles more visible. You will prolly notice that in the video. I made my adapter with a smaller hose for this reason. This is what I got. I had to look real close when I bared the engine over to see which injector was bad. Here is my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUNWuwN-hk
Awesome Thanks!!
replyreply
when barring the engine over its hard to find a smaller leaky one.

it really requires 2 people to pinpoint. get a smaller hose or squeeze the hose with your fingers while its barred and get real close and look for any liquid level deviation. you might not see and actual bubble but the liquid level will move slightly.

did it bubble on just one bank or both?
replyreply
(04-09-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  when barring the engine over its hard to find a smaller leaky one.

it really requires 2 people to pinpoint. get a smaller hose or squeeze the hose with your fingers while its barred and get real close and look for any liquid level deviation. you might not see and actual bubble but the liquid level will move slightly.

did it bubble on just one bank or both?

Mr Unilevers !!! How are you?? Tried getting ahold of you yesterday, it bubbles on the rear bank nothing on front.
replyreply
04-10-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
I did a leak-down test on mine just before pulling the engine apart. It leaked pretty good on the back 3 injectors when cranking, but even after jumping out of the truck and turning it by hand right away as fast as I could,... I could not find it for the same reason. -- Sometimes it is difficult to find.

-- I decided to simply replace all 3 back injectors together because they had 955,000 miles on them. i will replace the front three at a later date, they are not leaky yet.

The reason I could not find it, is that it would not make enough compression in the leaky cylinder when turning the engine by hand for it to leak good. It is sometimes simply the result of wear in the motor that makes them hard to find. Also, an engine that is completely cooled off, and not at least still somewhat warm will have more trouble maintaining compression when you turn it by hand too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-10-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I did a leak-down test on mine just before pulling the engine apart. It leaked pretty good on the back 3 injectors when cranking, but even after jumping out of the truck and turning it by hane rioght away as fast as I could,... i could not fine it for the same reason. -- Sometimes it is difficult to find.

-- I decided to simply replace all 3 back injectors together because they had 955,000 miles on them. i will replace the front three at a later date, they are not leaky yet.

The reason I could not find it, is that it would not make enough compression in the leaky cylinder when turning the engine by hand for it to leak good. It is sometimes simply the result of wear in the motor that makes them hard to find. Also, an engine that is completely cooled off, and not at least still somewhat warm will have more trouble maintaining compression when you turn it by hand too.

Thank you Rawze, I am going to try again this morning, if I can't see it would you recommend I fo the same? Replace baclk 3? Truck just turned 500,000 but it had an evil tune since almost new,doing lower end in two weeks.
replyreply
When I can't find it while baring over the engine, I use one of them needles that you use to air up a basketball.
It fits perfectly in the hose and works every time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.