Injector leak test
04-14-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
RE: Injector leak test
Damn! I'm sorry buddy I was having the total opposite changed an actuator & it went away , try posting it on the isx or ask your question, the lil bit I've learned I've learned here... I used to b a yellow under hood only guy
replyreply
04-14-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
(04-13-2016 )Peterbilt387 Wrote:  Hello,i have a PETERBILT 387 with isx 2008,i did the leak test and i found between Aand B bubbles, i replaced injector number 3. Everything fine,i was driving the truck for a pick-up and back to my yard,i left the engine to idle for 3 minutes and start shaking the engine and worst then befor to replace the 3th injector. Did again the leak test and i got bubbles again but now i didn't bar it to find out exactly witch one is leaking.when i did the first time leak test it was leaking only between A and B.thank you in advance

It may be that you changed the wrong injector. Don't know for sure, waiting for knowing guys
replyreply
04-21-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
Hello all, new member here, just wanted to mention the tool that Cummins recommends for the injector leak test is a manometer, you can make one cheap using 1/4" vinyl tubing and it would make even small air leak noticeable when the water height changes in the opposed columns, Google DIY manometer
replyreply
04-21-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
(04-21-2016 )Wolff956 Wrote:  Hello all, new member here, just wanted to mention the tool that Cummins recommends for the injector leak test is a manometer, you can make one cheap using 1/4" vinyl tubing and it would make even small air leak noticeable when the water height changes in the opposed columns, Google DIY manometer

There a few guys making them on here for other members... They are not cheap if bought from Cummins, that is for sure.
replyreply
04-22-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
Now my truck runs good,i ended to replace all 6 injectors cuz i found out 4 of them were leaking.
replyreply
04-22-2016, (Subject: Injector leak test ) 
(04-22-2016 )Peterbilt387 Wrote:  Now my truck runs good,i ended to replace all 6 injectors cuz i found out 4 of them were leaking.

A six pack! Cheers!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.