Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc.
05-12-2018, (Subject: Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc. ) 
RE: Alignments, Odd Tire wear, etc.
I agree with Waterloo. Kal Tire usually has a balancing machine and it's worth it to do the steers, you could also put a little bit of that liquid balance in there to keep temps down on the rubber, we run the liquid balance in our 425 tires.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
What kind of shocks did you change them with?

I got 60k out of my Monroe's and they were DEAD. The loss of spring control also caused alot of unpredictability while driving. Made alot of difference changing those alone. I'm finding that my steer axle shocks tend to go about twice as often as the drives on my truck.

I've also been running centramatics. Some people don't like them but they've been working for me.

My steers are half worn out now and I have no cupping whatsoever.

To add to what rawze said, my steer axle is generally the same weight loaded or bobtail. I can't always do it, but I try to not make very tight turns unless I'm moving just a bit. It's a little easier on the steers.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Your tire wear sounds pretty normal. Michelin's have a tendency to wear abnormal after they are half worn or worse yet at 1/4 tread with some spotty edge cupping. Your problem sounds like what Rawze described. The crown on the road for water to run off makes your truck lean to the right at almost all times.
I combat edge wear by taking turns slower (especially in parking lots, tight fast turns murder the edge of tires) and rotating the tires more often which includes breaking the tire off the rim and flipping it to the other rim every other rotation and then spin balancing them. I get upwards of 200,000 out of mine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DosGatos
My passenger tire wears real bad on the outside edge and cups. Was told its the louisiana roads
replyreply
(05-12-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  My passenger tire wears real bad on the outside edge and cups. Was told its the louisiana roads

If only the one side is wearing then it sounds to me like it is the rear axle alignment is doing that. Seen that plenty of times. i don;t care what the so-called "experts" say,.. those rear tandem axles should NOT be perfectly parallel if you value your steer tires. Perfectly aligned rear tandem axles cause the passenger tire outer edge to take all the wear from crown in the roads.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid16060

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Chamberpains , Toolguy , Paccardude

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.