2012 prostar AC condensor
05-12-2018, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
2012 prostar AC condensor
Hello everyone,
I noticed today that there is a hole in the condenser on my 2012 prostar and the ac won't blow cold. It looks to be not too hard to replace, but my question is if i open the system up to replace the condensor will the dryer be destroyed and have to be replace also? i saw this video
https://youtu.be/HpxmXmSbbNQ
replyreply
05-13-2018, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
RE: 2012 prostar AC condensor
(05-12-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  Hello everyone,
I noticed today that there is a hole in the condenser on my 2012 prostar and the ac won't blow cold. It looks to be not too hard to replace, but my question is if i open the system up to replace the condensor will the dryer be destroyed and have to be replace also? i saw this video

I replied to the video...
Rawze Wrote:Although yours looks very old and likely in need of replacement, Don't waste money based on mis-information that is designed to sell you unnecessary parts. Actually it is not really necessary to replace the dryer accumulator unless the spring/diaphragm inside it it is worn out (usually if the unit is very very old), or if it has been exposed to atmosphere for more than a few hours without being covered/capped. The dryer accumulator is a simple device that contains a diaphragm and a spring to act as a shock-absorber to dampen pressure surges, and it has decadent material in it the same type as you find in a TV set or other electronic device that is boxed up to reduce and collect moisture (Same material as that little package in the box that says "do not eat" ). Any R134 that may get trapped in it when it is pressurized will return to its proper state as soon as the system is re-charged. - If you expose one for a long time (say several days) and there is nothing wrong with the spring and diaphram, a person can always throw it into a DE-hydrator on about 130 degrees for a few hours before installing back into the system instead of spending hundreds for a new one.

That guy seems to be seriously mis-informed about most of the things he is grumbling about as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude
Thank you so much for your reply. I have so many other questions but your comments are disabled on your you tube.
What viscosity oil should i run? its the 12.4 liter engine. how much oil does it take? i see 3 filters..omg i can go on and on. who can i send a oil sample too? Truck didnt come with the maintance owners manual
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  ... your comments are disabled on your you tube....

Because there are 10,000 Internet rambo social media troll comments for every one legitimate on youtube. I refuse to allow, participate, or have to try to control such idiotic nonsense. My videos are simply for those who are curious on how I do things to my own truck or when I am helping someone else, nothing more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  ... Truck didnt come with the maintance owners manual

then I would suggest you go to your local stealership and obtain/purchase them.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hatchhero
Lol understood

does the ac system take 3lbs of freon? and can i run 15 40 rotella? and ate these trucks really as bad as people make them out to be?
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-13-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  ... Truck didnt come with the maintance owners manual

then I would suggest you go to your local stealership and obtain/purchase them.

ok
replyreply
Replace the condenser, flush the system thoroughly with lacquer thinner. Blow system out with CLEAN DRY air thoroughly to remove any thinner from the system, reconnect all fittings and change any worn seals, For older compressors i like using a heavier weight oil. i bought a bottle of pag from oreilly with dye in it. I believe it held about 10 oz. Vacuum vacuum vacuum!!! Vacuum the system down to 500micron or 30inhg. Recharge system. I believe it holds about 3.5-4 cans but i charge off psi and not exact weight. Please tell me you didnt seriously suggest using rotella in the ac system?
replyreply
(05-12-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  Hello everyone,
That video made my head hurt. I think my brain shi#t itself. Seriously though i lost iq points.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.