2012 prostar AC condensor
05-13-2018, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
RE: 2012 prostar AC condensor
(05-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-13-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  ...
im assuming its horrible because the lack of power.

im mechanically inclined

Not lack of power. People have really bad luck with them and they are hard to make a profit with because the engine is a bastard child from hell that has since been discontinued.

there is a reason those trucks are so cheap!>

understand.. but unfortunately im all in with it. Any basic maintenance ideas u can give me?
replyreply
If all you need I a couple years I would get with haggai and see about tuning it. Unilever's is about the only person I know to have any success tuning a maxxfart. Even then that engine is a nightmare.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-13-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  If all you need I a couple years I would get with haggai and see about tuning it. Unilever's is about the only person I know to have any success tuning a maxxfart. Even then that engine is a nightmare.

even when all the pm is done that truck still has issues?
replyreply
Hatch. What were telling u is the maxfarce is a terrible engine period the end. Demandate makes it slightly less terrible. Cut it up and use for paper weight. Since u already have it good luck, i hope it lasts until u sell it for a red engine.
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Hatch. What were telling u is the maxfarce is a terrible engine period the end. Demandate makes it slightly less terrible. Cut it up and use for paper weight. Since u already have it good luck, i hope it lasts until u sell it for a red engine.

understood. next truck purchase i will be looking for a cummins 871 red engine
Can u elaborate on demandate
replyreply
Pm unilevers about that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
ok will do
replyreply
08-27-2021, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
I have 2015 International Prostar and I have no A/C. I found the freon leak coming from a lower gromit on the condenser. A shop in PA wants over a grand for parts and labor. I did my research and see condenser for prostars around $200. Is there a way to seal the leak or do I need to go ahead and replace the the condenser? Yes, I'll be doing this project myself. Is the new install fairly easy? (see picture below)

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
08-27-2021, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
you can replace the condenser yourself. its pretty easy.

you need tp pull a vacuum on the system ans re-fill it with 3 10-oz cans of R134 from wal-mart (the ones without stop-leak) and one small can of PAG-100 oil (wal-mart). you need an A/C service kit and a vacuum pump similar to these...

(this is just an example.. there may be better quality units out there)...
https://amzn.to/2UZkC24

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.