2012 prostar AC condensor
05-13-2018, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
RE: 2012 prostar AC condensor
One thing I learned on my 2008 ProStar, is that she doesn’t like the non-OEM expansion valves. And the condenser, I would call http://www.truckerac.com Monday morning and see if they have an exact fit condenser. Ours use rubber bushings at the top and bottom to hold them in place. A universal type unit will not work in our trucks without causing a major PIA. Direct fit on the condenser or pay the vig at the dealer. And no aftermarket expansion valves, I have tried a couple, the orifice is not the correct size and they cause all sorts of issues, at least on my system.

Oil? Regular Rotella, 15w-40, and add a gallon of Sta-Lube, 85w-90 GL4, you have the SCR system on your truck, correct? You run DEF fluid correct? The Sta-Lube has the additives our motors need, the additives that the EPA saw fit to strip out of these newer motor oils. And if you still have the EPA mandate, get rid of that ASAP and don’t look back.

Then the fuel pump, you need to have that inspected for the plunger issues. They can fail, and when they do, the possibility is very real that it can destroy your motor. When I say destroy, I mean destroy. Take it to the metal scrap yard as it destroys the block, it will never run again. You have a ticking time bomb under your hood if this is a CM-2250 motor that requires DEF fluid. If you don’t require DEF fluid to operate your truck, then you dodged a bullet and have one of the last of the CM-871 motors.

Where are you located?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 prostar AC condensor - Waterloo - 05-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.