Cm2250 drinking coolant
05-14-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
RE: Cm2250 drinking coolant
It doesn't seem to be over pressuring since we changed out the compressor but it is going thru coolant just not as much
replyreply
Just get down there NOW

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-14-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  It doesn't seem to be over pressuring since we changed out the compressor but it is going thru coolant just not as much

More than likely you have fretted a liner, mine did the same from a crap in frame from a dealership. Coolant was dripping into the #5 cylinder, the only way to find it is to drop the pan, pressurize the coolant system and bar the motor. Messy job, and may take a day or two to show itself.

Here is #5 cylinder in my truck from a few weeks ago, in frame is nearing completion. 2nd one, almost two years to the day. Sad.

./uploads/201805/post_218_1526351747_1049075933c40a7fae83970816c113bd.jpg

Here is what a fretted liner does to the gasket, and same to the head.

This will just get worse, my first go around with a bad head took its toll on my truck, blew the hoses, radiator, Tri-Pac and cost me a fortune until I finally said enough. I should have brought it down here to GA to Mr Haggs, but it would not make it at that point. I am down here now at Rawze's house in framing it as I type. Real mess, the previous shop did a horrendous job on this motor. Bring it down here, it will be done right. I am right around the corner from Mr Haggai, going to the shop tomorrow to pick up some more parts.
replyreply
05-15-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
(05-14-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  It doesn't seem to be over pressuring since we changed out the compressor but it is going thru coolant just not as much

Pressurize the coolant system to 20-psi and let it sit for a day. Check the EGR cooler + look for any external leaks. Non found? pull the oil pan and look for internal one(s). if you loosing coolant then it is going somewhere, and if it is going into the oil pan,.. you are rapidly destroying your engine if your still driving it. - it only takes a few Oz of coolant to start washing out crank bearings in a hurry, and gallons? -- It will not last long like that at all.

If you suspect it is still the compressor,.. you will see the coolant seeping out of the bottom of it when the pan is off,.. same thing with the turbo or anything else. It is not rocket science and it can be found. i still stick with my initial guesses though considering you most likely have a bad de-mandate.

Your alternative is to take it to someone who can ...

A) - Check it out and give you an honest diagnosis without trying to rip you off.

b)- Check the program in your de-mandated truck to ensure your engine is not going to be destroyed by all too commonly seen bad programming.

c)- check the rest of the de-mandate like ensuring cans are 100% hollow, proper plates of good material were installed, boost and pyro gauges were instal;led, power levels and boost levels are correct, etc.etc.etc. - there is a LOT to a proper de-mandate and very VERY few places do them even half right, especially those big-name places.

I.E.> the recommendation to take it to Mr. Hags so that all those things can be inspected and your coolant issue figured out properly as well.

I am really NOT trying to promote his shop,.. The guy is buried in work as it is,.. I just know that if you want some help from the forum here and your not doing your own work on it, then at least you can get it down here nearby so that you can be helped properly without all the bulls$it. Maybe even help you look it it myself if I have time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
05-15-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
In process
replyreply
05-17-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
I do know the dpf filter had holes drilled in it
replyreply
05-18-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
Just holes? Bad d3l3te then. A proper d3l3te is completely hollow to get rid of back pressure and to remove the chance to clog the holes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-21-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
Been confirmed today that #5 cylinder is leaking. Inframe in works. Truck has 650k on it.
replyreply
05-21-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 drinking coolant ) 
Who should I get parts from that's comparable to Cummins?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.