PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
05-13-2018, (Subject: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY ) 
RE: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
Have you ever had international remove the dpf and doc and bake it? Regens only do so much, every single time you have any kind of emissions issue, you must remove and bake your cans as they get clogged up with soot and ash.

Here's my take: I will bet you case case of Canadian beer (not that American water beer) that your truck is doing very very poor regens.... if at all. If you had a computer hooked up and monitored your temps, I bet they are Having issues getting up to temp to do a proper burn and because of that, you are never actually doing a full regen and therefore just plugging up your dpf more ever time you try.

One of my first posts on this forum was about my HEST light constantly coming on and one if the first things I found when watching the computer during a regen was how poorly it was doing one, I followed rawzes egr tuneup video and did everything and what a night and day difference!

Watch the video, learn what all components are included in your emissions system. I know your in a Maxxforce but they all have very similar sensors I've found and you can get similar results. If you're is scr, you'll just have a additional injector doser to change (which is a maintinance item in your owner manual anyways)

Stop trying to push your truck, you have had the issue since day 1 and instead of fixing the problem, your trying to push it and keep working but you are screwing up your engine man, real bad and you don't even realize it! I bet your exhaust back pressure is very high which will take out your head.... I bet your exhaust temps are high too but you probably don't have a guage to know.

Take a day off with a case of beer and do the items needed, bring your filters in for a proper baking, you'll spend a grand but you'll make that back in fuel savings once that thing actually runs right.

I'm no Maxxforce expert, I'm no mechanic... but if you are feeling stuck and having issues on where to start, just p.m. me and I can give you my number... bounce some ideas around. Maybe I can be of help, maybe not but what I can promise you is that if the damage isn't already done, it will be soon.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , robertedward , hhow55 , gatow900

Messages In This Thread
RE: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY - Brock - 05-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.