PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
05-13-2018, (Subject: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY ) 
RE: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY
(05-13-2018 )robertedward Wrote:  I’m actually surprised I haven’t seen the issues I’m about to discuss on here but I’m new so here we go.
I have a 2014 Prostar with a maxforce 13 engine. I had it for over a year and off the bat it would blowout a light blue and greycolor of smoke. Then I would lose power and eventually the DPF Light will come on. I would pull over and park regen for about 45 minutes. This would happen every 1k to 2k Miles. I asked around and i didn’t get any straight answers or solutions. All I got was they all do it.

This went on for sometime until the engine light came on and I would smell something burning. Like soot. Then the DPF light would come on minutes later. I would always know when this would happen by the sound of the truck. I would hear a sound similar to air passing through pipes at a high rate. Then the soot smell followed by lose of power and the kicker is the smoke. After that the DPF light comes on.

Well a month ago I’m heading to the house to get it checked out and I got a stop engine on my dash. I pulled over to take to look at my engine and there was oil all over the dam place.

I got it towed back home to a shop and they told me the hot side and cool side of the egr coolers were clogged up. Plus some other issues... well thousands of dollars later I got it running. They cleaned the tubes. Replaced the egr valve, changed the turbo oil line feed and some other stuff I can’t remember off the top of my head. Now instead of every 1 to 2 thousand miles till I regen, it’s every 400 Miles and it still smokes. It’s worse when I’m 45000lbs heavy. Now as of today it dropped to 150 Miles then to every 60 Miles I have to regen. It regened 4 times back to back for approx 4 hours twice in the 500 mile span.

I still blow heavy smoke going down the road, i still smell soot, I regen a lot! I mean a lot! And I lose power right before and now the engine light is back on. Can someone please tell me what’s wrong with this truck?

Please no sarcasm like light a match to it. I put a lot of money into this truck.
Thanks.

That debacle of a failed engine is so bad that even International themselves started swapping them out with cummins and scrapping the Maxforce enigne on trucks during the warranty periods because not even they could keep them running.

even people who are getting them deleted and somewhat working have major issues with the compound turbo's and other things constantly. they are a failede experiment and nothing more. -- RID YOURSELF Of IT ASAP!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PROSTAR W/MAXFORCE 13 SMOKING & REGEN CONSTANTLY - Rawze - 05-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.