T-Bolt in fuel tank strap
05-14-2018, (Subject: T-Bolt in fuel tank strap ) 
T-Bolt in fuel tank strap
There's a place selling fuel tank straps for my ProStar but they don't come with the T-Bolt. Is it even possible to install one? I thought the T-Bolt had to come with the strap.
replyreply
05-14-2018, (Subject: T-Bolt in fuel tank strap ) 
RE: T-Bolt in fuel tank strap
I bought mine at the dealer, the T bolt came installed in the strap. I don't know how you would add one to a strap, unless you did some cutting, bending and welding. That T bolt is what holds the weight of the tanks.

I think Four State had the straps, the stainless ones with the T bolt. Price was much cheaper for the stainless vs the dealership price. If you just need the black with the step attachment, the dealer is the best place once you figure in shipping. I went with the dealer for this reason.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
05-15-2018, (Subject: T-Bolt in fuel tank strap ) 
I think I posted here before about Four State Trucks having them. I'm headed to Texas and just figured it's only 40 miles off route (but unfortunately a lot extra 2 lane highway) to swing by there. I've never been there before so I'm kind of curious to check the place out too. I'm glad you reminded me of them.

The price was really cheap on these straps: $50 each, but it just bothers me that they don't have T-Bolts and I really don't know how you'd install one. Anyone?

I have the steel ones but they've rusted so bad three have now broken. I'm going to replace them with stainless. I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall.
replyreply
05-15-2018, (Subject: T-Bolt in fuel tank strap ) 
(05-15-2018 )barf Wrote:  I think I posted here before about Four State Trucks having them. I'm headed to Texas and just figured it's only 40 miles off route (but unfortunately a lot extra 2 lane highway) to swing by there. I've never been there before so I'm kind of curious to check the place out too. I'm glad you reminded me of them.

The price was really cheap on these straps: $50 each, but it just bothers me that they don't have T-Bolts and I really don't know how you'd install one. Anyone?

I have the steel ones but they've rusted so bad three have now broken. I'm going to replace them with stainless. I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall.

If you end up replacing them with steel, por-15 them with a couple coats + a coat or 2 of flex-seal on them at the bottom where they rust through before the install.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.