Low oil pressure after shim
05-23-2018, (Subject: Low oil pressure after shim ) 
RE: Low oil pressure after shim
You didn’t put the piece back in backwards by mistake? I forget the technical term of it, but the piece that goes in after the dimes I believe. It can only work right going in one way. If reversed the oil pressure will be low
replyreply
(05-23-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  The pressurised oil is supposed to travel to the head from the block, then to the cams, then to the rockers. So when a cam bearing spins it will increase it's diameter and/or shift forwards or backwards. This allows oil that would normally be under pressure between the cam and rockers to be released into the overhead, so much that the oil pump can't keep up, lowering the general oil pressure.

Wonder why the bearing isn’t designed with cut almost the whole length (diameter) to prevent oil loss to the cam in case of bearing slippage.
replyreply
Just got back from vacation, gonna tear into it a bit tomorrow. I had the rods and mains done, replaced a bad camshaft, updated the oil filter bypass valve and did a oil pump shim all at the same time then a few days after, the pressure issues started. I'll lose my marbles if I have a spun bearing!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
A cam bearing can grab on startup if a cam is fitted without sufficient lube.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.