Terrible Tolls
05-18-2018, (Subject: Terrible Tolls ) 
RE: Terrible Tolls
I believe tolls are complete government theft!! The roads and crossings were built and paid for by the American tax payer then government steals the road and the money. Plain and simple.They never use the money as intended to go right back in to the road or crossing. So i personally don't care if every driver out there avoids or just blatantly steals the use of the toll road or crossing. If you disagree or don't like this comment don't bother responding to it. Your not changing my mind on it.
With that said,
1st off stay off the PA turnpike if at all possible. It's the most expensive turnpike in the country. Try using West to East and reverse for east to west from NJ... Use I-80 instead or use I-80 to I-99 to route 322 to Harrisburg then I-78 for Allentown or pick a route around Harrisburg then I-283 to route 30 to route 202 to I-76 right into Philadelphia. It is a total of 20 extra miles and maybe an 1-1.5 extra hrs at a savings of currently $300 cash to stay off the entire PA turnpike fully loaded. If coming out of Baltimore and going west. Look to head north thru Harrisburg up to State college and across I-80 instead of going across the endless mountains of I-68 and I-70 or the PA Turnpike. Its only 10 extra miles.

NYC area is insane with bridge and tunnel crossings. Try getting an EZ-Pass and crossing them off peak hours(check nyc website for times and tolls) as for the George Washington bridge. Only go across that if your coming from the N.E. in to NJ (free) or need to go to the Bronx. If going the to the N.E. look to go north via I-287 to the Tappen Zee Bridge (its cheaper especially off peak hours and less traffic) or go even further north and take I-87(cheaper toll road) to Newburgh and cross the Newburgh bridge via I-84 (a little more miles, less tolls, but you also avoid NYC all together)
If you must use a toll road...
EZ-Pass is your friend in getting discounts if you apply for the ez-pass in the state that cost you the most. Like PA gives you 15% off for having a PA issued EZ-Pass on all tolls except State line crossings (which aren't owned by PA) The same goes for NJ and NY issued EZ-Pass's. They give healthy discounts in their states if the EZ-Pass is issued from their state

I can go into great detail on how to avoid tolls all over the country. This thread would be 50 pages long. So I'll stop unless asked to give more on specific routes. I'd love to turn this thread in to 1 giant map of GOOD and maybe not so good "get arounds" for toll roads. Im not so good in the Chicago area and not familiar with good ones down south. Being they keep grabbing road and designating them toll roads over night.

I also know of less than legal things to avoid tolls in some states but I won't get in to detail about them on an open forum.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , barf
i guess he don't know yet that most of the toll roads in the USA are owned by companies in foreign countries. You can thank the well-known crook named Bill clinton for that one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Wow I didn't know that either!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
05-19-2018, (Subject: Terrible Tolls ) 
(05-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  i guess he don't know yet that most of the toll roads in the USA are owned by companies in foreign countries. You can thank the well-known crook named Bill clinton for that one.

I'm very aware. Im 1 of the hard working deplorable's that thanked him and his family last election. I've been following the Indiana turnpike sale and look at it now that it's privatized. Its beau...... Oh wait it in the same condition it was in before the sale only with higher tolls. Theft stacked on theft. They want to do the same with Pennsylvania turnpikes and a lot of other public roads. It all makes me sick.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-19-2018, (Subject: Terrible Tolls ) 
You won't get any argument from me Chamberpains about tolls. And I would like to point out that the city of Chicago was one of the first to sell their skyway toll bridge the same company that bought Indiana's toll road. The Illinois toll road is separate from the Chicago skyway. The company went bankrupt that bought them both. What a joke.
replyreply
05-24-2018, (Subject: Terrible Tolls ) 
Always negotiate the tolls in to the shipping fee. This is a business not a partnership bro! good luck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.