Primary air gauge
05-18-2018, (Subject: Primary air gauge ) 
Primary air gauge
If it's not one thing, it's another. Has anyone ever had their primary air gauge start going nuts while going down the road? It's been happening so inconsistent, it doesn't do it for a while and then it abruptly returns without warning. I thought maybe it had to do with some air leak I had but I fixed my air leaks recently and it stopped for a bit but suddenly it's back, damn it! Chk out the video I took while going down the road this morning.
replyreply
RE: Primary air gauge
https://youtu.be/53iIQ05uSJM
replyreply
Hard to tell from the video, does it just peg the needle and stay there?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-18-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Hard to tell from the video, does it just peg the needle and stay there?

No, it bounces around. When I took the video it didn't move. I apologize for the video quality, I used my crappy cell phone to record while I was going down the road early this morning.
replyreply
My 08 t660 does it also but my guage sits right under ac vent.It only does it after ac has been on for a while and when it is doing it i turn the heat on it goes away and works fine.I think I need to replace the guage.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
I would say it's a bad gauge. If it's bouncing around it can't be reading correctly.

replyreply
I would first check all your connections before potentially wasting money on a gauge. Gauge clusters usually peg off like that when they lose signal or grounds go bad.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nilao , rapidisimo
I agree with chamberplains. Definitely start with the connections and grounds.
replyreply
Wouldn't it have air lines going to it not wires?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.