Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State
05-21-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State
Hi all, I've gone over a bunch of the posts about getting a New head from Cummins instead of a rebuilt one. Does anyone know a way to get one in Ontario, Canada? When I talk to the dealer they say only reman is available. I read about how some new ones are listed with the RX number but it is actually a new one in the box? How can I tell if they let me look at a crated head whether it is new or rebuilt? I could drive into north western New York State too to pick one up if I can't get one closer in Ontario. I'm within driving distance of Montreal, Kingston, Ottawa, even Toronto if it will be the fastest way for me to verify and get one this week.
replyreply
05-21-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
RE: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State
A reman head, a real reman head, will be in a narrow crate, roughly the same size as the head itself. A new head, the crate is pretty good size, about a head and half wide if not a bit more, and tall. A new head labeled as a reman will come in the larger crate.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pramantha , barf
RE: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State
Also look at the engraving on the side of the head. It will have the manufacture date and the part number will not end in rx.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pramantha
05-22-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
I seem to run into alot of Canadians in McAllen, Texas. Bringing Produce to Ontario. Find a buddy or plan a trip,buy it French Ellison Pharr,Tx.
Problem Solved,and they stock these heads!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pramantha
05-23-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
can I help you ..?
I could ship from NY as "updated" product not subject to fees .. :)
replyreply
05-23-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
When I called Cummins western cana da they said they are all reman, you cannot get new so I asked them to humor me and put a nx instead of a rx at the end of the part number and it worked. 6 weeks out of course but it was available.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(05-23-2018 )Brock Wrote:  When I called Cummins western cana da they said they are all reman, you cannot get new so I asked them to humor me and put a nx instead of a rx at the end of the part number and it worked. 6 weeks out of course but it was available.

How brutal was the price difference between rx and nx at Western Canada Cummins?
replyreply
(05-23-2018 )Matt Wrote:  
(05-23-2018 )Brock Wrote:  When I called Cummins western cana da they said they are all reman, you cannot get new so I asked them to humor me and put a nx instead of a rx at the end of the part number and it worked. 6 weeks out of course but it was available.

How brutal was the price difference between rx and nx at Western Canada Cummins?

Down here in atlanta, reman vs new is only $300 more than reman cost. Mr. Hag gets them all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Matt
05-24-2018, (Subject: Sourcing a **New** CM871 Cylinder Head in Ontario, Canada or North Western NY State ) 
(05-23-2018 )Matt Wrote:  

I think it was 5800 reman or 6800 new

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.