secondary oil filter isx15
05-22-2018, (Subject: secondary oil filter isx15 ) 
secondary oil filter isx15
I was reading or saw a video where Rawze mentioned a secondary oil filter system??? I am a newbie with my first truck purchase and want this truck (2011 Cascadia 293k mi ) to last. I believe in preventive maintenance but nobody can tell me anything.Did I just hear wrong?
replyreply
05-23-2018, (Subject: secondary oil filter isx15 ) 
RE: secondary oil filter isx15
It is called a bypass filtration system there are different systems you can buy, but what it does is it takes oil and runs it through a filter that can filter smaller particles than the filter on the engine, this is recommended to get more soot out of your oil to make it last longer just for reference amsoil oil makes a oil bypass system. Oil bypass systems have been around for a long time 40 years ago when I started trucking almost all trucks had a bypass system if you ever have seen old trucks or old truck movies especially a conventional it was a big canister you might see on side of cowl or battery box with lines going to it those had replaceable elements some are like that some have spin on filters
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , BadDog
07-05-2018, (Subject: secondary oil filter isx15 ) 
I'm also VERY interested in a Bypass Filter. I got told to go for a Spinner (not the brand though)
Rawze mentioned the Amsoil?! Is that such a centrifugal Filter or just a finer mesh?
And where can I get one to buy and get installed?
replyreply
07-06-2018, (Subject: secondary oil filter isx15 ) 
Less look at it bypass is a slow flow filter with a higher cleaning of oil down to two micros over the years I have use gulf coast the best but messy so go for a spin on one ops makes a oil refiner both cleaning an removing liquid from oil
replyreply
i use an amsoil one, got it for less than $400. Works as good as any others, is a tall spin-on type filter just like any oil filter. It does filter to less than one micron. Here is my opinion on the subject...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Raubein
Even before I slayed the soot monster, I had been running that same setup and by the first oil change, I was able to eliminate 93% of the soot compared to previous oil samples. The rest was most likely being fed in as it was being filtered out...

I have no complaints about the amsoil setup whatsoever. You can't go wrong there.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.