2012 Cascadia ISX 450
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 ) 
RE: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450
My two cents on buying in general. If I have cash I usually head to auction its a better bang for the buck (just bought a 2013 Pete for $13,000) If I'm looking for the small down and payments I would head the direction your going just do your research. If your looking at pre emisions truck there are a lot coming out of California at reasonable prices.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 ) 
First and foremost, thank you for the input. Sorry for the bland description; but let me continue.

I plan on buying the truck for 24k cash and I have a a budget of 10k. Do you think that's good? I planned on buying the truck then driving it straight over to cummins for a diagnosis n paying to fix whatever needs to be fixed before I run it. I think its a good idea but most people think im crazy. How does that sound to you guys?

The whore analogy is good. The truck was leased to Hood for 5yrs and most of my professional experience is from the food industry. So, I understand that the truck was ran to the GROUND but was forced to be in top shape to make their high demand deliveries. Im just hoping 10k is enough to handle all the issues. I hate bills so I pay cash.
replyreply
05-25-2018, (Subject: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 ) 
(05-24-2018 )AHMLLC Wrote:  .... I planned on buying the truck then driving it straight over to cummins for a diagnosis ....

No. No. No. Take it to a shop that just about everyone on here trusts. Haggai Automotive & Diesel Repair. They will give you a honest front to back, top to bottom assessment of your truck. They are located in Griffin, Georgia.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
(05-24-2018 )AHMLLC Wrote:  ..
I planned on buying the truck then driving it straight over to cummins for a diagnosis n paying to fix whatever needs to be fixed before I run it.

I guess he has been brainwashed by some cosmic force to believe that a STEALERSHIT or other OEM SHOP is going to even half give a sh#it about your truck outside of RIPPING YOU OFF AND NOT REPAIRING ANYTHING CORRECTLY!.

Statements like you just made are the same as telling your neighbor to take his car to the local gas-station shade-tree mechanic who is known for ripping people off and screwing up EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES to go re-build his engine just because it may need a fresh oil change.

--- boy does this guy have a lot to learn if he wants to become profitable and successful at truck ownership.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AHMLLC , Waterloo
(05-25-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-24-2018 )AHMLLC Wrote:  ..
I planned on buying the truck then driving it straight over to cummins for a diagnosis n paying to fix whatever needs to be fixed before I run it.

I guess he has been brainwashed by some cosmic force to believe that a STEALERSHIT or other OEM SHOP is going to even half give a sh#it about your truck outside of RIPPING YOU OFF AND NOT REPAIRING ANYTHING CORRECTLY!.

Statements like you just made are the same as telling your neighbor to take his car to the local gas-station shade-tree mechanic who is known for ripping people off and screwing up EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES to go re-build his engine just because it may need a fresh oil change.

--- boy does this guy have a lot to learn if he wants to become profitable and successful at truck ownership.

Thanks for the advice.
replyreply
(05-24-2018 )AHMLLC Wrote:  First and foremost, thank you for the input. Sorry for the bland description; but let me continue.

I plan on buying the truck for 24k cash and I have a a budget of 10k. Do you think that's good? I planned on buying the truck then driving it straight over to cummins for a diagnosis n paying to fix whatever needs to be fixed before I run it. I think its a good idea but most people think im crazy. How does that sound to you guys?

The whore analogy is good. The truck was leased to Hood for 5yrs and most of my professional experience is from the food industry. So, I understand that the truck was ran to the GROUND but was forced to be in top shape to make their high demand deliveries. Im just hoping 10k is enough to handle all the issues. I hate bills so I pay cash.

Listen to Rawze, he knows... Look at me, I am the red headed step child here, and the worst case scenario. These Cummins certified shops are certified, but do they know how to fix a truck? From my experience, no. Look at my motor, they installed the wrong pistons, injectors and in frame kit. That was a Cummins certified shop, the mechanic that did the work is always down at Cummins in Indiana for training to boot.

And buying a truck that has been run into the ground? Are you nuts? $10,000 will not get you around the block, the prices for parts alone is ridiculous, not including labor. They are getting rid of that truck because it is wore out. This is not a poor man's sport. Go find an in good shape non emission truck, they are out there, learn how to repair it first, and go make money.

Or, Mr Hagg has a nice KW 660 for sale, he did the in frame. I think he was looking to get $30,000 out of it. Call him, he may still have it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AHMLLC
Mid roof sleeper and full fairings on that 660? What year? I may be in the market. PM with details me if it is.
replyreply
05-26-2018, (Subject: 2012 Cascadia ISX 450 ) 
(05-25-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Mid roof sleeper and full fairings on that 660? What year? I may be in the market. PM with details me if it is.

I think a 2013 or 14, no power windows, I want to say 13 speed, but cannot recall for sure. The truck was clean, did not looked abused.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.