2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
Hey guys first post here I figured I’d share some info and a lesson I learned . I bought a 2010 Pete 386 with an isx 450 10spd 400kmi 2 weeks ago . Monday of this week I started doing some local work with it in the central Jersey area. First day out I noticed around noon the Check engine light would pop on and off throughout the day but didn’t notice any difference in power . Everytime I had a chance to stop and check what fault code it was throwing the CEL coincidentally wasn’t on so I couldn’t get a idea of where to start . I instantly started thinking dpf issues due to previos stories and experiences. Tuesday ( 2nd day on the road) I again noticed the truck was running 0 faults till about noon just like the preyday . I started wondering if the temperature outside rising had something to do with this issue . I parked the truck shortly after and once again wasn’t able to catch a fault . Yesterday like clock work again ran 0 faults all morning till around 12 then boom the CEL came On and this time wasn’t disappearing I started to notice a power loss and stemmed to be getting worse by the minute I quickly exited into a rest area ran the diagnostic with the dial on the dash and it said “ fuel pressure loss” I turned the truck off turned it back on and no code . So at this point I knew the rise in outside temp had some kind of impact and it’s fuel related so I started doing my research.... I read a bunch of horror story and then came across a post of a guy with a similar issue and figured out it was the “FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID “ PN3408422 . I had about 90miles left to get home and wasn’t looking forward to a breakdown on the road so I babied it to a near by diesel mechanic with a 5star google review lol I pulled up explained to what seemed to be the head mechanic what was happening and he told me he will put a guy on it in a few minutes since they weren’t busy so 2 hours pass and he says “ hey bud you need a new fuel pump , fuel lines and injectors “ . I almost threw up ..... I asked him if it could possibly be the FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID he said “nope “ but something deep in my gut told me Nooooooo so I decided to take my shot and lugged it home . I went to the Cummins sales and service in my are picked up the FUEL SHUT OFF SOLENOID for a whopping $82 lol I anxiously arrived to my truck took a while 8 mins to install and like magic no CEL NO FAULTS on startup I drove it around for about 30 mins good to go and noticed a serious increase in power wow I was happy so I decided to get her washed while waiting I noticed my hood open and the wash guy pressure washing my motor I almost told him don’t do it but figured he already started whatever ( I’ve always been scared to pressure wash motors usually simple green and a hose do the job ) ... guy tells me it’s done I start it up and I see check engine now it’s saying “CRANKCASE PRESURE HIGH” I though I was having a bad dream... I googled the fault displayed and read about a guy that got his truck washed and same fault appeared a person replied saying 1.never pressure wash a motor 2.unplug the sensor let it dry out problem will be solved... well he was right I unplugged the sensor dried it out and that worked . I ran the truck 250 Miles today ran perfect fault free !

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-24-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
RE: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
Please excuse the typos
replyreply
Welcome Aboard,,!!!
First suggestion, get yourself cummins insite, you can find it on eBay. Chinese version
Got yourself fine looking truck.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900
(05-24-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  Welcome Aboard,,!!!
First suggestion, get yourself cummins insite, you can find it on eBay. Chinese version
Got yourself fine looking truck.

Thanks brother ! Oh yes I will definitely grab one of them .
replyreply
Take that truck over to {shop name removed. no longer recommended}. Let him fix it for good, then you can really start diagnosing the truck.
replyreply
(05-24-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Take that truck over to {shop name removed. no longer recommended}. Let him fix it for good, then you can really start diagnosing the truck.

Copy that , do you have a number or email for gearhead ? I’d like to see if I can bring it down there Thursday.
replyreply
05-25-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
Check out {shop name removed. no longer recommended}
You won't be disappointed

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
05-25-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
(05-25-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  Check out pricesdieselrepair.com
You won't be disappointed

Awesome, thanks bud .
replyreply
(05-24-2018 )PocketChange386 Wrote:  ..
Everytime I had a chance to stop and check what fault code it was throwing the CEL coincidentally wasn’t on so I couldn’t get a idea of where to start.

Just an F.Y.I. ...

The ECM records all faults and how often they occur. Insite or other diag. software would have shown you right away what the fault(s) were even if the CEL light had gone back out.

Owning a cry-baby that gets CEL lights and not being able to see what it is crying about is about as sane as driving down the road with a blind fold on. -- Get yourself a copy of Insite and an inline or other adapter, or perhaps a scangauge(not a fan of them but better than nothing) or some other thing + keep them handy. - If the truck had died in the middle of the road, then your story could have been much different by the time wherever you had it towed to had gotten done sucking your wallet dry.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.