2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
05-25-2018, (Subject: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics ) 
RE: 2010 Pete386 ISX 3 fault codes , I’ll forever be leery of random mechanics
(05-25-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-24-2018 )PocketChange386 Wrote:  ..
Everytime I had a chance to stop and check what fault code it was throwing the CEL coincidentally wasn’t on so I couldn’t get a idea of where to start.

Just an F.Y.I. ...

The ECM records all faults and how often they occur. Insite or other diag. software would have shown you right away what the fault(s) were even if the CEL light had gone back out.

Owning a cry-baby that gets CEL lights and not being able to see what it is crying about is about as sane as driving down the road with a blind fold on. -- Get yourself a copy of Insite and an inline or other adapter, or perhaps a scangauge(not a fan of them but better than nothing) or some other thing + keep them handy. - If the truck had died in the middle of the road, then your story could have been much different by the time wherever you had it towed to had gotten done sucking your wallet dry.

I ordered an insite lastnight and yeah couldn’t agree with you more getting stuck down there would have been really bad , I’ve been reading and watching the videos trying to learn the motor . Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.