Won't start again
05-25-2018, (Subject: Won't start again ) 
Won't start again
2006 Pete 387 isx cm 870. Gauges just sweep. Spins but won't start. Disconnect the elog and still same problem. Checked battery connections and replaced 5 amp fuse. I don't know what to check next. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
replyreply
RE: Won't start again
Fuel pump?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav
Do you hear the priming pump running as soon as you turn the key on?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Lift pump works. Gauges keep sweeping and never stop. So I switched all of the ignition 70 amp relays and truck started. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I ran it up and down the street all ok. I will leave it run until I get home in 2 days. That you for your replys.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
05-26-2018, (Subject: Won't start again ) 
could be gear pump not being able to build pressure.

i cleaned every ground and cable on my CM870, turned out to be gear pump the entire time.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mav , Kid Rock , rrod
Batteries all good? Couldnt get our Western Star started the other day till I put jumper leads on it. Turned over like normal but just wouldnt fire. Was all good for a couple days then 2 batterys became evidently f*&ked. Im guessing because they were on their way out, the ecm wasnt getting enough voltage during cranking.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mav , rrod
The gauges sweep and never stop? Do you mean they sweep, reset and repeat over and over or do they sweep and stick facing straight down?

Either way, sounds like intermittent signal loss, missing grounds or the dash unit is fried. Check connections to it and the dash controller. Your starter and ECM signal wires may run through your cab controller. It may need to be operating correctly and at full voltage and grounds to even start the truck.

It also doesn't hurt to clean and reseal all grounds you find on the truck. It often times clears up other problems you may not have noticed but also keeps future 1's from popping up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mav , Kid Rock , gatow900
All batteries are new and clean. Gauges sweep and dash says no data. Still running now. I am being loaded and on my way home to WEST PALM. It did this 2 times before. Sometimes it will stall all red lights on gauges on then it will refire and run. Has not done this for about 3 months. It was fun on i95 when it did it last time
replyreply
The solution your looking for is in quickserve.cummins.com

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.