2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while
05-25-2018, (Subject: 2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while ) 
2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while
I bought this truck almost two years ago. Brand new specked for what I do out here. I have had no problems at all yet. I guess I had faith that the dealship here would be a good source to help keep things running right but I see that they are worthless. I started asking them last year if the after treatment system was operating as it should because it seem to sound different to me. They told me oh yeah it fine. It’s regening every 100 hrs, you good to go. Well I took it back six months later asking them the same question. I said it sounds wierd and I just wanna make sure it’s working fine. They said it’s ok sir, it regens every 100 hours. I asked to see a print out of what their insite said but that never happened.
The truck has 190000 miles now. I have been searching through this site for egr tune up info but not finding much. My buddy who has learned lots from here and unilevers has told me that Cummins has gotten the erg to not be as sooty as the 871. I just wanna know what I can do to keep this thing running. It’s all bone stock 565 2050. I will be getting insite in the next few weeks. I do have a obd that will read codes, live data and do forced regen right now. Gonna go out and pull the imap just to see how fouled up it is in there. Sorry for the long winded crap, gotta start somewhere
replyreply
05-26-2018, (Subject: 2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while ) 
RE: 2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while
First thing to do is get it to Unilever, fix the issue, screw the warranty and lower the torque a bit. These motors are not designed, no matter what Cummins says, to handle that much torque very well. The Aussies run there B trains at 600 hp and 1650 [rpm], the only way they can keep them from failing prematurely. Living with Rawze has its benefits. ;-) LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
05-26-2018, (Subject: 2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while ) 
RE: 2017 Pete 2350 wanna keep it running for a while
(05-25-2018 )BrockB Wrote:  I bought this truck almost two years ago. Brand new specked for what I do out here. I have had no problems at all yet. I guess I had faith that the dealship here would be a good source to help keep things running right but I see that they are worthless. I started asking them last year if the after treatment system was operating as it should because it seem to sound different to me. They told me oh yeah it fine. It’s regening every 100 hrs, you good to go. Well I took it back six months later asking them the same question. I said it sounds wierd and I just wanna make sure it’s working fine. They said it’s ok sir, it regens every 100 hours. I asked to see a print out of what their insite said but that never happened.
The truck has 190000 miles now. I have been searching through this site for egr tune up info but not finding much. My buddy who has learned lots from here and unilevers has told me that Cummins has gotten the erg to not be as sooty as the 871. I just wanna know what I can do to keep this thing running. It’s all bone stock 565 2050. I will be getting insite in the next few weeks. I do have a obd that will read codes, live data and do forced regen right now. Gonna go out and pull the imap just to see how fouled up it is in there. Sorry for the long winded crap, gotta start somewhere

EGR tune-up. Start there. Here are some sensor locations...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.