coolant hose
05-27-2018, (Subject: coolant hose ) 
coolant hose
had a coolant hose blow out on me ,fix the hose in fill the motor back up with collant left the cap off in ran the truck tell she hit 18 n refill what went down.ran 400 miles today in all the temp n fan came on like it all way does just wont to make sure i did it the right way it does seem like the motor sounds a little differt just cant figure out way..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
RE: coolant hose
The ideal thing to do is pull a vacuum on the system to burp it but that is difficult to come by on the side of the roads. Maybe idle it for half an hour or more then topping it off before putting it back under load?. I have seen my share of engines that got damaged after coolant was refilled and no one burped it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
the hose went out on me at a truck stop last night ..i walk to the part store in got the size hose i needed i did like u said i filled it up in let it idle for like 30 min hen refiled it and let it run some more .all my gauges are runny ike they did befor the hose went out i was just checking to make sure i didnt mess up some were ...would it be smart to have the system burp at the next truck stop i come up to to just douple check that there no air in the system
replyreply
05-28-2018, (Subject: coolant hose ) 
Don't know what truck or engine you have but with your situation of already having filled and ran the truck you can usually "burp" your coolant system by running it up to operating temp with the system sealed (to build pressure) and crack the bleeder valve at the highest point of the coolant system till straight coolant (no air bubbles) come out or at the cap on the surge tank if its the highest point by leaving the cap loose for awhile. The air pockets should push out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Moose , rrod , lonestar16

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.