engine fan on excessively
05-29-2018, (Subject: engine fan on excessively ) 
RE: engine fan on excessively
(05-29-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  A T408 and an EGR engine are not usually good friends as far as coolant temps go. I have seen some success by fitting a lower temp thermostat to stock cm871s.

The best thing for it would probably be reducing or removing EGR flow but that should not be considered on an engine with so many KMs since it's last build.

Definately check for boost leaks next chance you get.

I know i have a slight leak on the exhaust manifold when engine is warm, not hot or cold. Goes away after 15 seconds of getting underway, warped manifold im guessing. Another job for when things quiey down. Did a check over hoses and joints the other day and sorted out a couple of small leaks. Funny thing is this thing never runs hot. Even on a 100+ day which we get s lot of. That's why i changed the ecm coolant temp sensor, thought it might be different to gauge temp.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-30-2018, (Subject: engine fan on excessively ) 
Perhaps it has already had some ECM work done to it. Those engines will religiously run at around 95deg from factory and those VDO gauges tend to read about 5deg high aswell.
replyreply
What ever the problem is it is just on the edge. Yesterday driving down into slight headwind fan on constantly, return trip slight tailwind fan almost never came on. This is with careful driving.
Hope to check out CAC next week.
replyreply
(05-30-2018 )Froggy3 Wrote:  What ever the problem is it is just on the edge. Yesterday driving down into slight headwind fan on constantly, return trip slight tailwind fan almost never came on. This is with careful driving.
Hope to check out CAC next week.

make sure it is not something stupid like the fan installed backwards. I have seen that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.