Fan bearings on 870
05-30-2018, (Subject: Fan bearings on 870 ) 
Fan bearings on 870
Bearings cratered tonight and threw the belts. any gremlins I need to look out for while changing it out? Should I replace the clutch while I'm in there it has given no indication of problems.

thanks

Mud
replyreply
05-30-2018, (Subject: Fan bearings on 870 ) 
RE: Fan bearings on 870
be gentle hammering on anything to get the bearing and the pulley hub off. It's all delicate steel. The spindle is soft and the Hub is brittle.

While you have it apart you might as well put a new black hub pilot bushing in it. They go out all the time. And it wouldn't hurt to put the clutch rebuild kit in the hub. It comes with the clutch and the two front O-rings. Under $100 in parts. I also replaced my fan while I had mine apart last time. It was still in decent shape but plastic fatigue can be hard to spot and with it being at least 11 years old and spinning that fast I wasn't taking a chance. They actually upgraded them since my factory one. The new one was lighter and Slightly smaller but draws a lot more air.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.